Like in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
Today, we’re going to learn how to say like in sign language. ‘Like’ is one of the common words you encounter in your sign language journey.
Although the word is different in different sign languages, we’ll only deal with British Sign Language or BSL today.
So let’s get started.
Like in Sign Language
Watch the full video, which we’ve included below.
If it moves too quickly for you, don’t worry. Below, each step will be covered in more detail.
Before we start, remember that BSL is a two-handed sign language.
There are different signs where we make one gesture with our dominant hand and then make helping motions with our non-dominant hand to complete the sign. While signing, never switch to your other hand. The person you’re conversing with will become confused by this.
Do the following right now.
- Start with a normal posture.
- Now place your hands on your chest like in the picture above.
- Say the word ‘like’ while you’re signing.
So, that’s the first version of the word. So now, let’s see the second version. This is the two-handed version of the word.
- Start with a normal posture again.
- Raise both of your hands.
- Pull out the index fingers of both your hands.
- Tap the index fingers of one hand with the fingers of the other hand twice.
- Remember to say the word when you’re signing it.
So, that’s how we say “like” in sign language. There are two different forms of the word, as you can see. One of them needs both of our hands, but the other doesn’t. Because so many words in sign language, particularly in BSL, require the use of both hands, visibility is essential.
If your audience can’t see you clearly, they’ll become confused or, worst yet, think the word is insulting. Keep a smile on your face at all times. With only a simple, charming look, you may connect with your audience right away.
What to Read Next:
- Merry Christmas in Sign Language – Video and Image Included
- You in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
- Welcome in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
- Idiot in Sign Language – Video and Image Included
- Boy in Sign Language – Video and Image Included
- Turtle in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
- Hope in Sign Language – Video & Image Included