Family in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
Today, we’re going to learn how to say Family in sign language. It is one of the first terms you will come across on your sign language adventure.
Although the word differs in different sign languages, we’ll solely cover British Sign Language (BSL) today.
So let’s get this ball rolling.
Family in Sign Language
Watch the complete video, which we’ve linked below.
Don’t worry if it moves too quickly for you. Each stage will be covered in further detail below.
Remember that BSL is a two-handed sign language before we begin. That implies you’ll be communicating with both hands.
There are signs in which we utilise our dominant hand for one move and our non-dominant hand for aiding gestures. When signing, never switch your dominant hand. This will confuse the person with whom you are chatting.
Do the following now.
1. Start with a normal posture.
2. Lift your hand up to your chest.
3. Open up the palm of your right hand with all your fingers spread out. Your palm will essentially be facing down towards the earth.
4. Make a circular motion like moving your hand through an orbit. Watch the video one more time for reference.
5. Say the word ‘family’ as you’re signing it.
So, that’s how we sign Family in British Sign Language. Make sure that the person with whom you are conversing can see you clearly. Anyone may easily misinterpret the message if the signer’s actions are not plainly obvious. If you want to learn the sign, you must practice it constantly; otherwise, you risk forgetting it over time. Maintain a lovely smile on your face as well. Smiles allow us to connect more effectively.