Hope in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
Today we will take a look to find out how to say the word “hope” in sign language.
Many people believe sign language is universal, which is not true. But it makes sense that sign language would be the same considering the variety of spoken languages used worldwide. Like spoken languages, several types of sign language are actually used in different parts of the world.
But today, we will only discuss BSL or British Sign Language.
So let’s get started.
Hope in Sign Language
Click the video link down below. Don’t worry about the speed of the video. Each step will be explained clearly.
Now follow the steps below:
- Start with a normal posture.
- Raise both of your hands.
- Use your index finger and middle finger to create a cross finger.
- Say the word “hope” while you are signing.
So, that’s the first version of the word. Now let’s see the second version.
- Start with a normal posture again.
- Place your hand on your chest, as shown in the picture above.
- Now move your hand to the left side by rubbing your chest.
- Say the word while you are signing.
So that’s how we say “hope” in sign language. Don’t be afraid to start having interactions and begin signing right now! Once you are familiar with the alphabet and a few basic words, don’t be hesitant to chat with other BSL users. The key to learning any language is to converse with others. Many language learners make the mistake of avoiding communication with others for too long.
What to Read Next:
- Home in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
- Life in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
- Welcome in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
- Hungry in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
- Girl in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
- What are the Advantages of British Sign Language – 20 Advantages of BSL!
- Swearing in Sign Language – Video & Image Included