Hello in Sign Language – Video and Image Include
When you take your first sign language classes, the probability of learning to say hello in sign language is very high. It will probably be one of the first words that you’ll encounter. It’s a very easy word to learn.
So, let’s explain the whole process to you. Although there are numerous sign languages, we will only discuss two here: American sign language or ASL and British sign language or BSL.
Hello in Sign Language
British Sign Language
Take a look at the following video from YouTube.
The lady in the video demonstrates how to express “Hello” in BSL. Let’s break down the video and explain the sign.
1. The above picture shows us what our ideal posture would look like when signing to a person. Stand up straight and look directly at the person you’re signing to.
2. With your hand in front, palm facing the person you’re communicating with, make a circular motion.
3. Make sure that your fingers are all spread out. If you make a fist without extending your fingers, it will confuse people.
4. For the sake of courtesy, smile!
So, that’s the complete process. However, in BSL, you can also say hello in another way. Take a look at another YouTube video.
Let’s break it down for you.
1. Keep a straight posture like the image above.
2. Lift your right hand up to the front of your ear and face your palm towards the one you’re saying hello to.
3. Shake your hand from left to right.
4. Again, smile!
American Sign Language
Now, we’re going to learn to say hello in American sign language. Take a look at the following video from the channel called Grab Official.
Hello in ASL looks more like a salute that the military personnel use. Let’s explain the whole process to you.
1. Lift the palm of your left hand up towards your forehead. Just like the picture above, your palm will face down, and the back of your hand will face the sky.
2. Now push your hand a bit forward in a single motion. But don’t change your hand’s prior posture. Your palm will still face down, and the back of your hand will face up.
3. Let go of your hand and return to a normal posture.
4. Just like the person in the image above, smile!
So, that’s the whole process. If you want more videos on saying hello in sign language, go to Lingvano (ASL) and BritishSignLanguage.com (BSL).
So, as you can see, saying hello in sign language- both in ASL and in BSL- is very easy. You can learn them in a matter of minutes. However, don’t mix the languages up. ASL and BSL are entirely different languages. If you start signing ASL to a BSL signer, they’ll probably get confused.
What to Read Next:
- No in Sign Language – Video and Image Included
- World in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
- Turtle in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
- Party in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
- Hot in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
- Boy in Sign Language – Video and Image Included
- Welcome in Sign Language – Video & Image Included