Choose Your Exam Board
GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
All educational institutions, local governments, and teachers are required to abide by the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice, which explains the statutory requirements and legal framework to identify and manage SEN in the students they support or educate. This course will help you adhere to the legal framework and provide you with a fundamental understanding of how to teach students who have physical, behavioural, or learning difficulties in order to promote their academic, social, and emotional development. This extensive Sen Teaching Assistant Training Course is ideal for those who want to help children with special needs and aspire to pursue their career as a SEN teaching assistant.
This course will provide a concise insight into the legal framework and statutory obligations for SEN and outlines the teaching strategies and approaches that can be followed to teach pupils with special education needs. This course gives in-depth information on how to create and develop inclusive whole-school policies and procedures for SEN, the national minimum standards for residential special schools, and the roles and duties of the board of management. You will also gain substantial knowledge on a variety of skills and discover how applied behaviour analysis (ABA) works. This course covers a variety of meltdown management techniques, visual aids, and developmental disorders. You will acquire knowledge about functional skills training on self-feeding and toilet training.
Upon successful completion of this Sen Teaching Assistant Training Course, you will be able to evaluate children’s behaviour and developmental patterns, enhance your expertise as a SEN teaching assistant and provide special education to children with disabilities.
This course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
- In line with the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 2015
- Designed by expert professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service and IPHM
- Endorsed by Quality Licence Scheme
- Recognised and Valuable Certification
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Interactive Video Training
- Approximate duration of about 5 Hours
Who is this SEN Teaching Assistant Advanced Diploma Course Online for?
This Sen Teaching Assistant Training Course is primarily aimed at:
- SEN tutor
- SEN teaching assistant
- Aspiring SEN teaching assistant
- Learning support assistant
- Parents of children with learning disabilities
- Anyone associated with the SEN teaching industry
This course is, however, not limited to a particular profession or line of work. This course can be taken by anyone willing to learn about the SEN teaching methods and strategies.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this SEN Teaching Assistant Advanced Diploma Course Online
By the end of this Sen Teaching Assistant Training Course, you will:
- Demonstrate the statutory and regulatory context for SEN
- Demonstrate your knowledge about the various special education needs
- Recognise core teaching challenges and enhance to help kids with learning disabilities
- Know how to use the tactics and strategies for children with special needs
- Understand how to develop inclusive SEN policies and procedures for schools
- Understand the responsibilities and duties of the management board.
- Demonstrate the national minimum standards for residential special schools
- Know how to offer each person individualised learning support
- Understand applied behaviour analysis (ABA)
- Identify the components, rules and foundation techniques of ABA
- Understand various skills such as language, cognitive, visuospatial and motor skills
- Recognise the effects of various developmental disorders such as autism and ADHD
- Gain knowledge about visual aids and meltdown strategies
- Demonstrate the functional skills training on self-feeding and toilet training
- Exhibit an understanding of the learning challenges linked to each SEN
This Sen Teaching Assistant Training Course is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM). The IPHM is an Accreditation Board that offers an international and worldwide accreditation to Training Providers. Accreditation by the Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM) is a guarantee of quality and expertise.
CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement.
CPD and IPHM certified certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Sen Teaching Assistant Training Course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM)
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Sen Teaching Assistant Training Course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This Sen Teaching Assistant Training Course assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of the modules, learners must answer MCQs to complete the assessment procedure. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 60%.
Certificate of Completion
On completion of this Sen Teaching Assistant Training Course, you will be eligible to obtain your free PDF certificate of course completion. However, it is recommended that you should have a CPD & IPHM accredited certificate or a Quality License Scheme endorsed certificate and transcript that is valued by employers in the UK and globally.
Certificate of Achievement
CPD UK and IPHM Accredited Certificate of Achievement
On successful completion of this Sen Teaching Assistant Training Course, you will be eligible to order your CPD UK and IPHM accredited certificate of achievement (dual certificate) as proof of your new skill. CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement. The certificate can be obtained in PDF version at a cost of £12, and there is an additional fee to obtain a printed copy certificate which is £35.
Endorsed Certificate from Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully passing the MCQ exam you will be eligible to obtain the Sen Teaching Assistant Training Endorsed Certificate by Quality Licence Scheme. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. It will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees. There is a Quality Licence Scheme endorsement fee to obtain an endorsed certificate which is £65.
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to a time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Level 3 SEN Teaching Assistant Course|
|Introduction To Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching|
|Introduction To Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching||00:08:00|
|Statutory and Regulatory Context for SEN|
|Statutory and Regulatory Context for SEN||00:08:00|
|Understanding How Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Affect Pupils’ Participation and Learning|
|Understanding How Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Affect Pupils’ Participation and Learning||00:06:00|
|Teaching Strategies and Approaches for Pupils with Special Educational Needs|
|Teaching Strategies and Approaches for Pupils with Special Educational Needs||00:11:00|
|Drawing Up Inclusive Whole-School Policies And Procedures For SEN|
|Drawing Up Inclusive Whole-School Policies And Procedures For SEN||00:13:00|
|Developing A Whole-School Policy On Assessment|
|Developing A Whole-School Policy On Assessment||00:04:00|
|Inclusive Education For Students With Special Educational Needs|
|Inclusive Education For Students With Special Educational Needs||00:06:00|
|Leadership of Special Schools|
|Leadership of Special Schools||00:12:00|
|National Minimum Standards For Residential Special Schools|
|National Minimum Standards For Residential Special Schools||00:10:00|
|Role And Functions Of The Board Of Management|
|Role And Functions Of The Board Of Management||00:11:00|
|Education Planning for Individual Students|
|Education Planning for Individual Students||00:03:00|
|Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA)|
|Introduction to ABA|
|Introduction to ABA||00:13:00|
|ABA Component Breakdown|
|ABA Component Breakdown||00:09:00|
|Rules When Applying ABA|
|Rules when Applying ABA||00:10:00|
|Foundation Techniques of ABA Part A|
|Foundation Techniques of ABA Part A||00:14:00|
|ABA for Motor Skills|
|ABA for Motor Skills||00:10:00|
|ABA for Language Skills|
|ABA for Language Skills||00:22:00|
|ABA for Cognitive Skills|
|ABA for Cognitive Skills||00:21:00|
|ABA for Visuospatial Skills|
|ABA for Visuospatial Skills||00:22:00|
|Generalization in ABA Theory|
|Generalization in ABA Theory||00:13:00|
|Children with Autism - Early Intervention|
|Introduction to Development Disorders|
|Developmental Disorder & Autism||00:14:00|
|Aspergers and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder||00:11:00|
|Introduction to Visuals Aids|
|Introduction to Visual Aids||00:06:00|
|Effectiveness and Types of Visual Aids||00:04:00|
|Introduction to Visuals Aids 2 (Social Stories)|
|Introduction to Visual Aids 2 – Social Stories||00:14:00|
|Functional Life Skills Training 1 - Self Feeding|
|Functional Life Skills Training 1 – Self Feeding||00:14:00|
|Functional Life Skills Training 2 - Toilet Training|
|Functional Life Skills Training 2 – Toilet Training||00:10:00|
|Assessment – SEN Teaching Assistant Advanced Diploma Course Online||00:10:00|
|Order Your Certificate of Achievement|
|Order Your Certificate of Achievement||00:00:00|
|Get Your Insurance Now|
|Get Your Insurance Now||00:00:00|