GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
Effective communication in health and social care settings is critical because it can have a direct or indirect impact on the quality of care delivered, the patient’s overall wellness, and relationships with patients, family members, and coworkers. Good communication is indeed the key to determining the service users’ needs and wishes, providing high-quality care, and cultivating positive connections with service users, visitors, and coworkers.
This Principles of Communication Online Course will enable care workers to have a better knowledge of a service user’s requirements and offer them the assistance they require. This course covers a variety of communication methods, as well as how to detect and eliminate communication barriers and how to ensure that the person you’re interacting with understands what you’re saying. This course will also help you understand how to maintain confidentiality in communications including how to receive help with communication problems.
Effective communication with patients is not the essential requirement for good communication. If you work in the healthcare field, you’ll need to be able to communicate successfully with your coworkers and peers as well. According to several studies, poor communication skills can lead to healthcare providers ordering the wrong tests, providing the wrong medications, or discharging patients who should have been held overnight. Therefore, understanding how to communicate effectively with both patients and colleagues should be a top concern for everyone working in the healthcare business.
Upon successful completion of this Principles of Communication Online Course, you will be able to develop your awareness of a service user’s requirements and communicate more effectively with patients and coworkers.
- Complies with the latest Health and Social Care Legislation
- In line with the 2010 Benchmark for Communication recommended by the NHS UK and the Department of Health and Social Care
- Designed by expert healthcare professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Approximate duration of about 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Who is this Principles of Communication Online Course for?
This Principles of Communication Online Course is primarily aimed at Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting, such as:
- Healthcare professionals
- Social care worker
- Support staff
This training is not, however, confined to a single profession or industry. It may also be valuable to a broader audience of people who want to learn more about building effective communication with vulnerable people residing in their families or the society.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Principles of Communication Online Course
By the end of this Principles of Communication Online Course, you will be able to:
- Define communication and explain the essential elements of the communication cycle
- Understand the importance of communication in the social care sector
- Examine the key qualities needed for effective two-way communication
- Understand the importance of identifying each service user as a unique person
- Identify the most common ways you can communicate at work
- Know how to communicate with service users, families and colleagues
- Learn how to form both verbal and non-verbal communication
- Analyse different types of language such as braille, body language, sign language etc
- Understand the use of telephones, technological aids, text messaging and communication software
- Identify the main barriers to communication and know how to prepare yourself for communication to overcome specific barriers
- Learn how to check the understanding capacity of messages
- Know how to drive successful outcomes from any interaction with the service user
- Learn how to deal with open and closed questioning
- Know where to get help to enhance your communication skills
- Learn how to maintain the art of confidentiality in communications
- Understand the importance of service user’s consent in confidentiality
This Principles of Communication Online Course is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD). CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations, and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement.
CPD certified certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means that by doing the Principles of Communication Online Course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Principles of Communication Online Course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This Principles of Communication Online Course assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of each module, learners must answer MCQs to step into the next module. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 75%.
Upon successful completion of this Principles of Communication Online Course, you will be eligible to download CPD accredited free electronic certificate instantly. There is a minimal shipping charge applicable to get the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Shipment Inside the UK = £5.99
- International Shipment = £16.99
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to a time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Module 1: Reasons People Communicate|
|Module 2: Ways of Communicating|
|Module 3: Identifying Communication Barriers|
|Module 4: Reducing Communication Barriers|
|Module 5: Checking Understanding|
|Module 6: Getting Help With Communication Issues|
|Module 7: Confidentiality|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion||00:00:00|