GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
If you are looking to start your career as a SEN teaching assistant, or simply want to expand your knowledge in teaching and paediatric first aid, this Paediatric First Aid Training Course is ideal for you. This course will provide you with a solid foundation to help you teach children with special education needs and develop your expertise and knowledge of paediatric first aid to deal with any minor emergency situations in a teaching environment.
This comprehensive course will help you advance your knowledge and comprehension of the responsibilities of a teaching assistant, the statutory and regulatory context of SEN, as well as learn how to assist children with special educational needs. You will learn about a board of management’s duties, how to develop a whole school policy, and how to provide each child with individualised learning support. This course also covers the essential knowledge and skills needed to help children with minor injuries and illnesses. This course will help you gain extensive knowledge about the principles and role of a first aider, as well as equip you with simple ways to manage an emergency. You will also learn how to prevent some common injuries and illnesses such as choking, diabetes, burns, allergic reaction, seizure, insect bites, poisoning, etc.
Upon successful completion of this Paediatric First Aid Training Course, you will be able to teach children with special education needs and use your expertise in paediatric first aid to protect them from any injury or illness until further help is available.
This course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
- In line with the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 2015
- In compliance with Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981
- Designed by expert professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service and IPHM
- Endorsed by Quality Licence Scheme
- Recognised and Valuable Certification
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Interactive Video Training
- Approximate duration of about 4 Hours
Who is this Level 3 SEN Teaching Assistant and Paediatric First Aid Training Course Online for?
This Paediatric First Aid Training Course is primarily aimed at:
- SEN tutor
- SEN teaching assistant
- Aspiring SEN teaching assistant
- Healthcare Assistant
- Social care workers
- Learning support assistant
- Parents of children with learning disabilities
- Anyone associated with the SEN teaching industry
This course is, however, not limited to a particular profession or line of work. Anyone looking to advance their understanding of teaching children with special education needs and providing them with paediatric first aid assistance can take this course.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Level 3 SEN Teaching Assistant and Paediatric First Aid Training Course Online
By the end of this Paediatric First Aid Training Course, you will:
- Demonstrate the statutory and regulatory context for SEN
- Recognise the teaching and learning challenges faced by children with special needs
- Understand how to help children with learning difficulties
- Know how to use the strategies and procedures for children with special needs
- Determine the most effective methods for developing inclusive SEN policies and procedures for schools
- Recognise the roles and responsibilities of the management board.
- Determine the national minimum standards for residential special schools
- Know how to provide each child with individualised learning assistance
- Understand the principles and role of a first aider
- Know how to manage an emergency situation within a teaching environment
- Understand how to deal with allergic reactions, diabetes, asthma, seizure, and much more
- Know how to deal with common injuries such as burns, scalds, poisoning, wounds, cuts and much more
- Understand how to prevent such common illnesses and injuries with first aid assistance
This Paediatric First Aid Training Course is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM). The IPHM is an Accreditation Board that offers an international and worldwide accreditation to Training Providers. Accreditation by the Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM) is a guarantee of quality and expertise.
CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement.
CPD and IPHM certified certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Paediatric First Aid Training Course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Paediatric First Aid Training Course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This Paediatric First Aid Training Course assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of the modules, learners must answer MCQs to complete the assessment procedure. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 60%.
Certificate of Completion
On completion of this Paediatric First Aid Training Course, you will be eligible to obtain your free PDF certificate of course completion. However, it is recommended that you should have a CPD & IPHM accredited certificate or a Quality License Scheme endorsed certificate and transcript that is valued by employers in the UK and globally.
Certificate of Achievement
CPD UK and IPHM Accredited Certificate of Achievement
On successful completion of this Paediatric First Aid Training Course, you will be eligible to order your CPD UK and IPHM accredited certificate of achievement (dual certificate) as proof of your new skill. CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement. The certificate can be obtained in PDF version at a cost of £12, and there is an additional fee to obtain a printed copy certificate which is £35.
Endorsed Certificate from Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully passing the MCQ exam you will be eligible to obtain the Paediatric First Aid Training Endorsed Certificate by Quality Licence Scheme. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. It will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees. There is a Quality Licence Scheme endorsement fee to obtain an endorsed certificate which is £65.
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to a time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Introduction to Level 3 SEN Teaching Assistant and Paediatric First Aid Training|
|Introduction to Level 3 SEN Teaching Assistant and Paediatric First Aid Training||00:09:00|
|Statutory and Regulatory Context for SEN|
|Statutory and Regulatory Context for SEN||00:08:00|
|Understanding How Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Affect Pupils’ Participation and Learning|
|Understanding How Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Affect Pupils’ Participation and Learning||00:06:00|
|Teaching Strategies and Approaches for Pupils with Special Educational Needs|
|Teaching Strategies and Approaches for Pupils with Special Educational Needs||00:11:00|
|Drawing Up Inclusive Whole-School Policies And Procedures For SEN|
|Drawing Up Inclusive Whole-School Policies And Procedures For SEN||00:13:00|
|Developing A Whole-School Policy On Assessment|
|Developing A Whole-School Policy On Assessment||00:04:00|
|Inclusive Education For Students With Special Educational Needs|
|Inclusive Education For Students With Special Educational Needs||00:06:00|
|Leadership of Special Schools|
|Leadership of Special Schools||00:12:00|
|National Minimum Standards For Residential Special Schools|
|National Minimum Standards For Residential Special Schools||00:10:00|
|Role And Functions Of The Board Of Management|
|Role And Functions Of The Board Of Management||00:11:00|
|Education Planning for Individual Students|
|Education Planning for Individual Students||00:03:00|
|Principles & Role Of A First Aider|
|Principles & Role Of A First Aider||00:13:00|
|First Aid Basics|
|First Aid Basics||00:10:00|
|Managing An Emergency|
|Managing An Emergency||00:21:00|
|Asthma: ‘Shortness Of Breath’|
|Asthma: ‘Shortness Of Breath’||00:11:00|
|Burns & Scalds|
|Burns & Scalds||00:07:00|
|Cuts & Wounds, Bleeding & Shock|
|Cuts & Wounds, Bleeding & Shock||00:13:00|
|Insect Bites & Rashes|
|Insect Bites & Rashes||00:07:00|
|Eye Injury & Foreign Body|
|Eye Injury & Foreign Body||00:11:00|
|Head & Bone Injuries|
|Head & Bone Injuries||00:17:00|
|Conclusion to Level 3 SEN Teaching Assistant and Paediatric First Aid Training|
|Conclusion to Level 3 SEN Teaching Assistant and Paediatric First Aid Training||00:01:00|
|Assessment – Level 3 SEN Teaching Assistant and Paediatric First Aid Training Course Online||00:10:00|
|Order Your Certificate Now|
|Order Your Certificate Now||00:00:00|
|Get Your Insurance Now|
|Get Your Insurance Now||00:00:00|