Functional Skills Maths Level 1 Qualification
Accredited by Edexcel | Nationally Recognised Qualification | Ofqual Regulated | Tutor Support Available| Step by Step Guideline | Interactive Training | 24/7 Access
Are you looking to begin your functional skills maths career or want to develop more advanced skills in mathematics? Then this functional skills maths level 1 qualification will set you up with a solid foundation to become confident in mathematics and help you to develop your expertise in functional skills maths.
This comprehensive functional skills maths level 1 qualification is the perfect way to kickstart your career in the field of functional maths. This functional skills maths level 1 qualification will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees.
The functional skills maths level 1 qualification will set you up with the appropriate qualification needed for the job and is ideal for both beginners and those who are currently working.
Why Choose This Functional Skills Maths Level 1 Qualification:
- Accredited by Pearson Edexcel
- Ofqual Regulated
- Nationality Recognised Qualification
- Step by step guideline
- 1-Year Access to the online learning portal
- High-quality e-learning study materials
- Self-paced, no fixed schedules
- Tutor Support is available at an additional cost
- 24/7 customer support through email
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform
Benefits you will gain:
- Initial Assessment: Determines from Pre-entry to Level 2
- Diagnostic Assessment: Identifies skill gaps and produces an individual learning plan
- Learning Resources: Develop underpinning knowledge and fill skill gaps identified
- Progress Check: Assesses progress at the end of the module
- Exam Practice: Apply underpinning knowledge to prepare for exams
You will get useful resources that are designed to improve your essential skills, knowledge and understanding of maths required to sit your functional skills exams.
Functional Skills qualifications provide reliable evidence of a learner’s achievements against demanding content that is relevant to the workplace. The qualifications assess learners’ underpinning subject knowledge and their ability to apply this knowledge to different contexts. They provide a foundation for progression to employment and further technical education, and they help learners to develop skills for everyday life. In some contexts, Functional Skills qualifications will also play a part in the government’s accountability systems.
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills in Mathematics at Level 1 are based on Department for Education (DfE) approved subject content, Nationality Recognised Qualifications and are regulated by Ofqual.
Our online learning portal is fully compatible with desktop, tablet and mobile devices and can be accessed from anywhere.
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 61 hours
Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 55 hours
Functional Skills in Mathematics at Level 1 Qualification purpose:
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualifications in Mathematics at Level 1 is for learners who want to develop understanding and skills in mathematics.
The qualifications give learners the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate a sound grasp of the underpinning skills and basics of mathematical skills appropriate to the level.
- Apply mathematical thinking to solve simple problems in familiar situations.
Functional Skills in Mathematics at Level 1 Qualification Aims and Outcomes
Functional Skills Mathematics qualifications at these levels should:
- Indicate that students can demonstrate their ability in mathematical skills and their ability to apply these, through appropriate reasoning and decision making, to solve realistic problems of increasing complexity.
- Introduce students to new areas of life and work so that they are exposed to concepts and problems which, while not of immediate concern, may be of value in later life.
- Enable students to develop an appreciation of the role played by mathematics in the world of work and in life generally.
Accredited by Pearson Edexcel
Accredited by Pearson Edexcel
Qualification: Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 1
Who is this Functional Skills in Mathematics at Level 1 course for?
This comprehensive functional skills in mathematics at level 1 course is suitable for anyone looking to improve their job prospects or aspiring to accelerate their career in this sector and want to gain in-depth knowledge of functional skills in mathematics.
This functional skills in mathematics at level 1 course is felicitous for those, who want to be the best in their jobs.
Whether you are completely new to the field or are an aspiring professional, the functional skills in mathematics at level 1 course will help open doors to a wide range of professions within your chosen field, helping you to stand out to employers with up-to-date skills that can be used to enhance your CV.
Progression opportunities for Functional Skills in Mathematics at Level 1 Qualification
Learners who achieve the Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Levels 1 can progress to level 2 and also the learner can:
- Enhance Employment Opportunities
- Further vocational study
- No prior knowledge, understanding, skills or qualifications are required before learners register for this qualification.
You will have the opportunity to get expert support or tutor guidance whenever you needed. You can book your tutor support at an additional cost of £200.
You will be assessed via an online remotely invigilated exam that you can take from the comfort of your own home. When you will be ready for the official exam you can then book your official exam.
Learners will need to meet the requirements outlined below before the qualification can be awarded.
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 1 consists of one externally assessed assessment.
Each assessment comprises two sections – a non-calculator section (calculator prohibited) and a calculator section (calculator permitted).
The assessments are available as paper-based and onscreen, on-demand assessment.
Section A: Non-calculator
- Duration = 25 minutes
- Number of marks = 14
- Percentage of qualification = 25%
Section B: Calculator
- Duration = 1 hour 30 minutes
- Number of marks = 42
- Percentage of qualification = 75%
- Using numbers and the number system – whole numbers, fractions, decimals and percentages
- Using common measures, shapes and space
- Handling information and data
Section A and Section B are presented as separate question and answer booklets, and must be taken in the same examination session.
Nationality Recognised Qualification:
After successfully passing the official exam you will achieve Ofqual regulated nationally recognised Functional Skills in Mathematics at Level 1 Qualification that is valued by all the employers in the UK and globally.
|Read, write, order and compare large numbers (up to one million)|
|Recognise and use positive and negative numbers|
|Multiply and divide whole numbers and decimals by 10, 100, 1000|
|Use multiplication facts and make connections with division facts|
|Use simple formulae expressed in words for one or two-step operations|
|Calculate the squares of one-digit and two-digit numbers|
|Follow the order of precedence of operators|
|Read, write, order and compare common fractions and mixed numbers|
|Find fractions of whole number quantities or measurements|
|Read, write, order and compare decimals up to three decimal places|
|Add, subtract, multiply and divide decimals up to two decimal places|
|Approximate by rounding to a whole number or to one or two decimal places|
|Read, write, order and compare percentages in whole numbers|
|Calculate percentages of quantities, including simple percentage increases and decreases by 5% and multiples thereof|
|Estimate answers to calculations using fractions and decimals|
|Recognise and calculate equivalences between common fractions, percentages and decimals|
|Work with simple ratio and direct proportions|
|Calculate simple interest in multiples of 5% on amounts of money|
|Calculate discounts in multiples of 5% on amounts of money|
|Convert between units of length, weight, capacity, money and time, in the same system|
|Recognise and make use of simple scales on maps and drawings|
|Calculate the area and perimeter of simple shapes including those that are made up of a combination of rectangles|
|Calculate the volumes of cubes and cuboids|
|Draw 2-D shapes and demonstrate an understanding of line symmetry and knowledge of the relative size of angles|
|Interpret plans, elevations and nets of simple 3-D shapes|
|Use angles when describing position and direction, and measure angles in degrees|
No Reviews found for this course.