GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
GCSE Equivalent | Accredited by Edexcel | Nationally Recognised Qualification | Ofqual Regulated | Tutor Support | Step by Step Guideline | Interactive Training | 24/7 Access
Are you looking to begin your functional skills English career or want to develop underpinning skills and credentials in functional English that opens your door to a wide range of career opportunities?
This extensive functional skills English level 2 course will set you up with a rigid foundation and practice to become confident in English and help you to develop your expertise in functional skills English. The Education and Training Foundation conducted research and came to the conclusion that 47% of larger employers know about Functional Skills and 87% of them value these courses for their approach to applied skills, flexible assessment and problem solving.
If you have a mediocre score at the GCSE or lack the confidence to communicate in English that is required for any career prospect, this functional skills english level 2 course will train you with the fundamentals of smart communication and will glorify your abilities to fit into any sector you apply to.
Get extraordinary 1 to 1 Live Tutor Support by Zoom for 2 hours. Our tutor will help to overcome learning obstacles. Improves your academic performance, one-on-one attention, Improves self-esteem and confidence.
Functional Skills English Level 2 Course
This Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills English Level 2 is equivalent to the GCSE, Nationally Recognised Qualifications, regulated by Ofqual, and based on Department for Education (DfE) approved subject content.
Functional Skills qualifications provide reliable evidence of a learner’s achievements against demanding content that is relevant to the workplace. Functional Skills English Level 2 provide a foundation for progression to employment and further technical education, and they help learners to develop skills for everyday life. In some contexts, Functional Skills qualifications will also play a part in the government’s accountability systems.
Upon successful completion of this functional skills English level 2 course you will be able to effectively communicate in English with ease. In addition to that, you will be eligible to sit for the official exam and upon successfully completion of the exam you will attain a certificate that will add a value to your career profile.
- Course type: Self-Paced Online Learning
- Accreditation:Pearson Edexcel
- Qualification: Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 66 hours
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 55 hours
- Study Materials: High Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Assessment: At the end of course, you can sit for the official exam remotely from your home/workplace
- Access:You will have 1 year access to the course, however most of the student complete this course within 4-12 weeks.
- Certificate: Once you pass the official exam, we will post hardcopy certificate to your address.
- Tutor Support– Live 1:1 tutor support via Zoom and unlimited tutor support by email
- Customer Support:Available 24/7
How This Course Will Work for You?
- Initial Assessment: Determines from Pre-entry to Level 2
- Diagnostic Assessment: Identifies skill gaps and produces an individual learning plan
- Learning Resources: Develop underpinning knowledge and fill skill gaps identified
- Progress Check: Assesses progress at the end of the module
- Exam Practice: Apply underpinning knowledge to prepare for exams
You will get useful resources that are designed to improve your essential skills, knowledge and understanding of English required to sit your functional skills exams.
Functional Skills qualifications provide reliable evidence of a learner’s achievements against demanding content that is relevant to the workplace. The qualifications assess learners’ underpinning subject knowledge and their ability to apply this knowledge to different contexts. They provide a foundation for progression to employment and further technical education, and they help learners to develop skills for everyday life. In some contexts, Functional Skills qualifications will also play a part in the government’s accountability systems.
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills in English at Level 2 are based on Department for Education (DfE) approved subject content, Nationally Recognised Qualifications and are regulated by Ofqual.
Our online learning portal is fully compatible with desktop, tablet and mobile devices and can be accessed from anywhere.
Level 2 Functional English Qualification Purpose & Outcomes:
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 2 are for learners to develop understanding and skills in English.
The qualifications give learners the opportunity to:
- Gain a qualification for work, study and life
- Demonstrate the ability at an appropriate level to read, write, speak, listen and communicate in English
- Apply these skills effectively to a range of purposes in the workplace and in other real life situations
- Listen, understand and make relevant contributions to discussions with others in a range of contexts
- Apply their understanding of language to adapt delivery and content to suit audience and purpose
- Read a range of different text types confidently and fluently, applying their knowledge and understanding of texts to their own writing
- Write texts of varying complexity, with accuracy, effectiveness, and correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Understand the situations when, and audiences for which, planning, drafting.
This Course Is Accredited by Pearson Edexcel & Regulated by OFQUAL
This functional skills english level 2 course has been accredited by Pearson Edexcel and regulated by Ofqual which is a nationally recognised qualification that will qualify you to satisfy the requirements of any career or educational prospectus.
About Pearson Edexcel and Functional Skills Course
Pearson Edexcel is an academic and general qualification that is designed to advance and enhance learners’ skills while developing knowledge. Edexcel’s qualifications help learners either progress to higher education or progress directly into employment. They are grounded in the quality and traditions of the British education system and made them relevant and easily accessible for today’s UK and international learners.
Pearson Edexcel skills are qualifications in English, Maths and ICT that are available from Entry 1 to Level 2. Suitable for learners of all ages, they are also an accepted and recognised part of all Apprentice standards and frameworks and an alternative to GCSE in the UK.
Who is this Functional Skills in English at Level 2 course for?
- This functional skills English level 2 course is not barred from age limit, people of any age can access it
- This course is also ideal for any person keen on uplifting and enhancing their skills on English language communication that meets the international standard.
- If you have underperformed at the GCSE or have a communication gap in English, this functional skills English level 2 course is for you
- This course is ideal for anyone looking to strengthen their university application
- If you want to boost their career and job outlook, this course is suitable for you.
Whether you are a novice into the field of functional English or an aspiring professional or individual looking to enhance and escalate your English communication skills, this course will help you take your English skills to a level ahead of others.
Students of all academic backgrounds or people of any age can enroll into this functional skills english level 2 course to enhance their English language skills. However, there is a prerequisite in the form of an assessment method that is required to test the quality of pre-knowledge and skills that you have. You are required to go through the following assessments:
- Initial Assessment: This assessment determines your advancement from Pre-entry to Level-2
- Diagnostic Assessment: This assessment ensures that you have the required quality and knowledge to progress into the course.
Upon successful passing of the diagnostic assessment, you will be able to activate the learning materials of this functional skills english level 2 course and proceed with it.
About Official Exam, Assessment & Certification
You will be assessed via an online remotely invigilated exam that you can take from the comfort of your own home. When you will be ready for the official exam there is an additional registration fee of £185 to book the official exam.
Learners will need to meet the requirements outlined below before the qualification can be awarded.
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 2 consists of one internally-set and internally-marked Speaking, listening and communicating assessment, one externally-assessed Reading assessment and one externally assessed Writing assessment. They are available as paper-based and onscreen, on demand assessments.
Speaking, listening and communicating:
Speaking, listening and communicating is assessed through one 5-minute presentation and linked question and answer session in groups of three to four and one 15-minute formal discussion together in groups of three to five learners.
- Duration = Formal 15 minutes and Up to 25 minutes in total
- Number of marks = n/a
Reading is assessed through a test comprised of multiple choice, short open response and medium open response questions.
- Duration = 75 minutes
- Number of marks = 35
Pass Mark: Learners are required to achieve an overall 65% mark in order to pass the English reading exam.
Writing is assessed through a test comprised of two tasks. (42% of marks assesses spelling, punctuation and grammar).
- Duration = 60 minutes
- Number of marks = 36
Pass Mark: Learners are required to achieve an overall 63% mark in order to pass the English writing exam.
- Speaking, listening and communicating
Upon successful completion of this functional skills English level 2 course, you will be eligible to sit for the official exam. Once you complete taking the official exam you will be awarded with an Ofqual regulated nationally recognised Functional Skills in English at Level 2 Qualification that is highly valued and accepted in both the UK and global arena. A hard copy of the certificate that will be posted to your given address bearing the university recognised official logo of Person Edexcel that will certify that you have completed this functional skills English level 2.
Progression opportunities in this English Level 2 Qualification
This Functional Skill English level 2 course will open your door to various career path such as:
- Further vocational study
- Eligibility to apply to your desired university
- A wide range of career opportunities
- Apply for apprenticeship
Why You Should Buy this Course from Lead Academy?
We persistently ensure that our customers undergo a trouble-free and comfortable experience while progressing with the functional skills English level 2 course . The following services are available to support you throughout the course:
- Customer Support: You can access our active customer support system via email that is available 24/7
- Tutor Support: We also offer expert and experienced tutor support that you can easily access whenever you need with an additional fee of £25 per hour.
We Are Unbeaten by Price & Quality
- Our pricings are very affordable when it comes to matching the quality with the value you are paying
- We also provide a money back guarantee offer in case our course does not meet your demands. This offer is subjected to a time frame of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- You can also access our installment option that allows you to pay the course fee over a period of 3 installments if your course fee is above £50
|Login Instruction For the Functional Skills Course||00:00:00|
|Identify Relevant Information From Extended Explanations Or Presentations|
|Follow Narratives And Lines Of Argument|
|Respond Effectively To Detailed Or Extended Questions And Feedback|
|Make Requests And Ask Detailed And Pertinent Questions To Obtain Specific Information In A Range Of Contexts|
|Communicate Information, Ideas And Opinions Clearly And Effectively, Providing Further Detail And Development If Required|
|Express Opinions And Arguments And Support Them With Relevant And Persuasive Evidence|
|Use Language That Is Effective, Accurate And Appropriate To Context And Situation|
|Make Relevant And Constructive Contributions To Move Discussion Forward|
|Adapt Contributions To Discussions To Suit Audience, Purpose And Medium|
|Interject And Redirect Discussion Using Appropriate Language And Register|
|Identify The Different Situations When The Main Points Are Sufficient And When It Is Important To Have Specific Details|
|Compare Information, Ideas And Opinions In Different Texts, Including How They Are Conveyed|
|Identify Implicit And Inferred Meaning In Texts|
|Understand The Relationship Between Textual Features And Devices, And How They Can Be Used To Shape Meaning For Different Audiences And Purposes|
|Use A Range Of Reference Materials And Appropriate Resources (E.G. Glossaries, Legends/Keys) For Different Purposes, Including To Find The Meanings Of Words In Straightforward And Complex Sources|
|Understand Organisational Features And Use Them To Locate Relevant Information In A Range Of Straightforward And Complex Sources|
|Analyse Texts, Of Different Levels Of Complexity, Recognising Their Use Of Vocabulary And Identifying Levels Of Formality And Bias|
|Follow An Argument, Identifying Different Points Of View And Distinguishing Fact From Opinion|
|Identify Different Styles Of Writing And Writer’s Voice|
|Punctuate Writing Correctly Using A Wide Range Of Punctuation Markers (E.G. Colons, Commas, Inverted Commas, Apostrophes And Quotation Marks)|
|Use Correct Grammar (E.G. Subject-Verb Agreement, Consistent Use Of A Range Of Tenses, Definite And Indefinite Articles) And Modality Devices (E.G. To Express Probability Or Desirability)|
|Spell Words Used In Work, Study And Daily Life, Including A Range Of Specialist Words|
|Communicate Information, Ideas And Opinions Clearly, Coherently And Effectively|
|Write Text Of An Appropriate Level Of Detail And Of Appropriate Length (Including Where This Is Specified) To Meet The Needs Of Purpose And Audience|
|Organise Writing For Different Purposes Using Appropriate Format And Structure (E.G. Standard Templates, Paragraphs, Bullet Points, Tables)|
|Convey Clear Meaning And Establish Cohesion Using Organisational Markers Effectively|
|Use Different Language And Register (E.G. Persuasive Techniques, Supporting Evidence, Specialist Words), Suited To Audience And Purpose.|
|Construct Complex Sentences Consistently And Accurately, Using Paragraphs Where Appropriate|