Choose Your Exam Board
GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
Food allergies affect 1-2% of adults and 5-8% of children in the United Kingdom, which equates to around 2 million people. Furthermore, every year, roughly 10 people in the United Kingdom die from allergic reactions to food caused by unreported or unidentified allergenic substances. As the number of people with allergies keeps increasing every year, it’s more vital than ever for the employees to be aware of the potential severity of allergic reactions as well as the importance of providing clear and accurate information about the substances used in their food products.
When a person’s immune system becomes hypersensitive to particular substances, such as foods, pollen, drugs, or bee venom, an allergic reaction occurs. The majority of allergy sufferers, on the other hand, come from families with a history of allergies or other connected issues. This Allergen Awareness Training Course focuses on food allergies, which develop when the immune system of the body reacts abnormally to certain foods.
This extensive Allergen Awareness Training Course provides valuable insight into the potential causes and symptoms of allergies. It further explains the fundamental differences between general allergies, food allergies, and food intolerances. This course will teach you how to comply with UK allergen rules, including how to identify which foods usually cause allergic reactions and how to mark them on food products in accordance with the EU Food Information for Consumers (FIC) Regulation. It then goes on to discuss practical procedures that may be taken to lower the risk of allergens, as well as how to monitor the control measures both internally and externally.
Upon successful completion of this Allergen Awareness Training Course, you will be capable of handling food-related emergencies and confident enough in advising consumers on which foods to avoid.
- Complies with EU Food Information for Consumers (FIC) Regulation
- Designed by expert health and safety professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service
- Endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
- Approved by IIRSM
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Approximate duration of about 8 Hours
Who is this Allergen Awareness Course Online for?
This Allergen Awareness Training Course is aimed at:
- Business owner
- Hospitality professionals
- Anyone suffering from food allergy
- Parents of children suffering from food allergy
- Anyone working in the food manufacturing, catering or retail industry
This course is however not limited to employers, employees or a certain sector of work. It rather relates to a wide range of industries reaching every type of audience willing to acquire knowledge about food allergies in order to help themselves or those suffering around them.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Allergen Awareness Course Online
By the end of this Allergen Awareness Training Course, you will:
- Define general allergy, food allergy and food intolerance
- Recognise the basic difference between food allergies and food intolerances
- Analyse the potential causes and symptoms of food intolerances
- Identify the most common symptoms and causes of both general allergies and food allergies
- Understand how addictives can trigger both allergic reactions and food intolerance symptoms
- Learn how to control the symptoms of allergic reactions
- Understand why allergy rates are increasing with time
- Demonstrate the various legislation that apply to allergens
- Know what practical steps should be taken to ensure your food business complies with the law
- Understand what coeliac disease is and how it can be triggered by gluten
- Know how to examine allergens in the food industry
- Understand the responsibilities of manufacturer to the retailer and the retailer to the customer
- Know how to prevent cross-contamination in storage and preparation
- Understand how to communicate and provide allergen information to consumers
- Know how to monitor and review allergen control systems both internally and externally
This Allergen Awareness Training Course is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and IIRSM CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement.
Furthermore, this course is also endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality as providing independently-evaluated, high-quality content that teaches best practices.
CPD certified & Institute of Hospitality endorsed certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Allergen Awareness Training Course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Endorsed by Institute of Hospitality Accredited by The CPD Certification Service
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Allergen Awareness Course Online course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This Allergen Awareness Training Course assesses learners through multiple choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of each module, learners must answer MCQs to step into the next module. Through the MCQs it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 75%.
On completion of this Allergen Awareness Training Course, you will be eligible to download CPD and IIRSM accredited and The Institute of Hospitality endorsed free electronic certificate instantly. There is a minimal shipping charge applicable to get the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Shipment Inside the UK = £5.99
- International Shipment = £16.99
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to the time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Module 1: Food Intolerance and Allergens: the Basics|
|Module 2: Food Intolerances – Causes and Symptoms|
|Module 3: Allergies – Causes and Symptoms|
|Module 4: Allergen Facts|
|Module 5: Food Allergens and the Law|
|Module 6: Food Allergens – Practical Steps|
|Module 7: Allergen Information for Consumers|
|Module 8: Internal Monitoring and Review|
|Module 9: External Monitoring and Review|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion||00:00:00|