GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
Sharps injuries are commonly misunderstood to be only a concern for medical and care personnel. People working in other areas, such as garbage disposal or anyone whose employment activities put them in danger of coming into contact with sharp objects are also highly regarded to have the knowledge about safe handling of sharp objects. This Sharps Awareness Training Online Course is designed to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills to use and dispose of sharp objects securely that reduces the risk of damage through effective preventive and control measures. This course outlines the general and legal responsibilities of the concerned employers to conduct regular risk assessments to ensure the overall safety of the employees.
This course provides a concise insight into the various types of “sharps litter” that can be found in the UK, which include needles, syringes, and scalpel blades, as well as shattered glass, knives, scissors, and nails. This course also discusses the primary and secondary hazards associated with sharps, as well as some of the most frequent blood-borne viruses such as Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV and Tetanus. It concludes with ways to dispose of discarded sharps safely and outlines the appropriate procedure to follow if you’re unfortunate enough to get a sharps injury.
According to research conducted by the Royal College of Nursing (RCN), the pandemic’s pressures and a lack of training have resulted in a 50% increase in needlestick injuries. Sharp injuries were reported by a quarter of mental health unit personnel (25%) in the last year, as well as 22% of care/nursing home employees and 18% of patients’ residences staff. There was also a concerning lack of training, with 25% of respondents claiming to have gotten no training on safe sharps use and 21% claiming to have had no instruction on reporting sharps injuries. Sharps Awareness Training Online Course can reduce these figures by supporting and assisting you to use and handle sharp objects safely without posing harm to yourself and those around you.
Upon successful completion of this Sharps Awareness Training Online Course, you will be able to use and discard sharps safely without posing any threat to yourself and those around you.
- In line with the latest Health and Safety Laws
- Designed by expert health and safety professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service
- Approved by IIRSM
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Approximate duration of about 55 Minutes
Who is this Sharps Awareness Course Online for?
This Sharps Awareness Training Online Course is aimed at:
- Medical Professional
- Veterinary staff
- Anyone working with garbage disposal
This course will provide you with the necessary credentials to work safely and securely around sharp objects, whether you are a medical professional who works with sharp objects on a regular basis, manage medical garbage disposal, or have any other job responsibilities that expose you to the danger of sharp objects.
Employers or employees hailing from the medical industry are not the only ones who can benefit from this training. It instead applies to a wide range of businesses, reaching out to anybody who wants to learn more about how to use and handle sharp things safely.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Sharps Awareness Course Online
By the end of this Sharps Awareness Training Online Course, you will:
- Define ‘sharps’ and look at the different types that can be found in ‘sharps litter
- Identify the risks of using and handling Sharps in both clinical or non-clinical setting
- Understand the responsibilities of employer in ensuring the safety of the employees
- Recognise the risks associated with needlestick injuries and know how to reduce them
- Understand how unsafe handling of sharp objects can cause Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV and Tetanus
- Understand the process of transmission of infection
- Assess the chances of infection from needlestick injuries
- Demonstrate how to use the tools needed for safe sharps handling and disposal
This Sharps Awareness Training Online Course is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD). IIRSM’s approval process evaluates a course’s learning experience and technical content, the competence of any subject matter experts participating in course development, and the course quality to verify that it satisfies their quality criteria.
CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations, and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement. CPD certified certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Sharps Awareness Training Online Course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Understanding Your Role in Care Online course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This Sharps Awareness Training Online Course assesses learners through multiple choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of each module, learners must answer MCQs to step into the next module. Through the MCQs it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 75%.
Upon successful completion of this Sharps Awareness Training Online Course, you will be eligible to download CPD accredited free electronic certificate instantly. There is a minimal shipping charge applicable to get the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Shipment Inside the UK = £5.99
- International Shipment = £16.99
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to the time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Module 1: Sharp Safety, the Basics|
|Module 2: Needlestick Injuries|
|Module 3: The Chain of Infection|
|Module 4: Chances of Infection|
|Module 5: Equipment|
|Module 6: Safe Handling Procedures|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion||00:00:00|