Choose Your Exam Board
GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
Employers have a legal duty to ensure their employees are safe from any risk of injury associated with hazardous manual handling. The Manual Handling Operations Regulations of 1992 clearly mandate that employees must be taught manual handling procedures, including the use of any equipment provided by their company to properly handle loads. Employees who receive manual handling training are better able to do manual handling activities safely, lowering their risk of harm.
This Manual Handling Training Course covers the definition of manual handling as well as the legislations and regulations that apply to manual handling duties. It then goes on to discuss safe handling procedures and how to create healthy manual handling habits. This course offers organisations the required information and training to better understand the hazards associated with manual handling, how to conduct a risk assessment, and how to implement suitable control measures. This course concludes with some practical suggestions including the usage of mechanical aids.
Manual handling injuries are thought to be responsible for 21% of all nonfatal occupational injuries, as well as a third of all musculoskeletal diseases (MSDs). Manual handling, or more precisely, poor manual handling, can result in dreadful injuries that can render a person completely immobile for a period of time. Therefore, it is extremely important for all employers to train their employees in manual handling to ensure the workplace complies with the approved safety standards.
Upon successful completion of this Manual Handling Training Course, you will be trained to conduct effective manual handling risk assessments within the workplace.
Please note that this is an awareness course only, if your duties include manual handling you will also need further practical training, you can get in touch with us to arrange this.
- Complies with the Manual Handling Operations Regulations of 1992
- Designed by expert education and behaviour professionals
- Corresponds to the CIEH Level 2 Syllabus
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service
- Approved by IIRSM
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Approximate duration of about 1 hour 15 minutes
Who is this Manual Handling Training Course Online for?
This Manual Handling Training Course is primarily aimed at:
- Warehouse and factory workers
- Heavy manual labourers
- Construction workers
- Delivery man
- Agricultural employees
- Lifting and material handling workers
This course is however not limited to employees involved in manual handling operations; it also applies to employers responsible for planning, supervising, or managing the health and safety of their staff.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Manual Handling Training Course Online
By the end of this Manual Handling Training Course, you will:
- Define manual handling and identify the risks associated with it
- Describe the proper approach and application of manual handling
- Comply with the rules and regulations by understanding the necessary legislation
- Identify the safe handling techniques and develop safe handling habits
- Examine every manual situation you come across, identifying dangers and deciding when to use mechanical aids.
- Evaluate the effects of improper handling on the body and the dangers that come with it
- Discover the most practical manual handling solutions
This Manual Handling Training Course is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and IIRSM. IIRSM’s approval process evaluates a course’s learning experience and technical content, the competence of any subject matter experts participating in course development, and the course quality to verify that it satisfies their quality criteria.
CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement. CPD certified courses are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing this Manual Handling Training Course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Manual Handling Training Course Online course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This Manual Handling Training Course assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of each module, learners must answer MCQs to step into the next module. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 75%.
Upon completion of this Manual Handling Training Course, you will be eligible to download CPD and IIRSM accredited free electronic certificate instantly. There is a minimal shipping charge applicable to get the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Shipment Inside the UK = £5.99
- International Shipment = £16.99
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to a time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Module 1: What is Manual Handling|
|Module 2: Manual Handling Regulations|
|Module 3: Safe Handling|
|Module 4: Learning Safe Handling Habits|
|Module 5: Practical Manual Handling Solutions|
|Module 6: Use of Mechanical Aids|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion||00:00:00|