GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
Abrasive Wheel Training is a legal requirement imposed on businesses with employees operating abrasive wheels in the workplace. With the wheel spinning at several thousand revolutions per minute, any material failure might result in the fragments being ejected at high speed, potentially causing significant damage. The abrasive wheel could overheat and burst in operation if it is worn, broken, clogged with the wrong type of material debris, or handled inappropriately.
This extensive Abrasive Wheel Training Course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to safely handle, operate and maintain abrasive wheels without causing any potential harm to yourself or the people around you. The course provides valuable insight into the numerous hazards associated with abrasive wheels including ways to recognise and eliminate them. You’ll also acquire knowledge about the relevant legal responsibilities and duties of the employer and employee in ensuring a safe working environment and conducting regular risk assessments. This course concludes with relevant ways to store, handle and inspect the main types of abrasive wheels along with proper guidance to help you choose the correct wheel suitable for the corresponding task.
According to the accident statistics compiled by RoSPA, over half of all abrasive wheel accidents are caused by an unsafe system of work or operator error. Accidents occurring from unsafe use of abrasive wheels resulting in shattered wheels, flying particles, or acute friction burns can lead to hospitalisation and blindness. Therefore, it is crucial for any person working around an abrasive wheel on a regular basis to receive the necessary and appropriate training to work safely.
Upon successful completion of this Abrasive Wheel Training Course, you will be able to avoid risks and accidents while working with abrasive wheels and know how to carefully handle, operate and maintain such dangerous equipment.
- In line with the current UK and EU legislation governing abrasive wheel
- Designed by expert health and safety professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service
- Approved by IIRSM
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Approximate duration of about 1 Hour 40 Minutes
Who is this Abrasive Wheels Training Course Online for?
Whether you’re an employer or supervisor in charge of assessing the risk associated with abrasive wheels and supervising the health and safety of your employees, or an employee who works with abrasive wheels as part of your work, this Abrasive Wheel Training Course will equip you with the skills and knowledge necessary to implement safe work practices in the workplace
This training is not limited to employers, employees, or a certain industry. It rather pertains to a wide range of industries, reaching out to any audience interested in learning more about the safe use of Abrasive Wheels.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Abrasive Wheels Training Course Online
By the end of this Abrasive Wheel Training Course, you will:
- Define abrasive wheels and understand their classifications
- Understand how to choose the right abrasive wheel for the assigned task
- Gain knowledge about the anatomy and components of abrasive wheel
- Identify the hazards and risks in the use of abrasive wheels and know how to eliminate them
- Demonstrate the various legislation and regulations that apply to the safe use of abrasive wheels
- Understand what the maximum wheel speed refers to and how it can be monitored
- Understand and interpret wheel markings
- Learn how to correctly handle and store various abrasive wheels
- Understand the importance of testing, checking and inspecting an abrasive wheel regularly or at least before using it
- Know how to balance and dress a wheel to restore the abrasive surface
- Evaluate the lifespan of the abrasive wheel through regular inspections
This Abrasive Wheel Training Course is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and IIRSM. IIRSM’s approval process evaluates a course’s learning experience and technical content, the competence of any subject matter experts participating in course development, and the course quality to verify that it satisfies their quality criteria.
CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement. CPD certified courses are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing this Abrasive Wheel Training Course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Abrasive Wheels Training Course Online course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This Abrasive Wheel Training Course assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of each module, learners must answer MCQs to step into the next module. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 75%.
On completion of this Abrasive Wheel Training Course, you will be eligible to download CPD and IIRSM accredited free electronic certificate instantly. There is a minimal shipping charge applicable to get the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Shipment Inside the UK = £5.99
- International Shipment = £16.99
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to the time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Module 1: Introducing Abrasive Wheels|
|Module 2: The Anatomy of an Abrasive Wheel|
|Module 3: The Dangers of Abrasive Wheels|
|Module 4: Abrasive Wheel Safety|
|Module 5: Safe Speeds|
|Module 6: Other Wheel Markings|
|Module 7: Storage and Handling|
|Module 8: Checking and Testing|
|Module 9: Training and Certification|
|Module 10: Inspections|
|Module 11: Course Summary|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion||00:00:00|