Choose Your Exam Board
GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
Almost all companies in the UK require the employees to be trained with first aid skills and knowledge that will help workplaces meet the required health and safety standards. This Emergency First Aid Course will help you stand out to employers with an added skill of first aid showcasing your ability to provide assistance in any emergency situation or stop a minor mishap from getting worse.
This Emergency First Aid Course has been designed to deepen your knowledge about first aid assistance and to equip you with the required skills to provide effective assistance in a number of emergencies first aid situations like burns, sprains, bleeding, choking and shock. This course will help you understand your responsibilities and duties as a first aider that is needed to carefully assess an emergency situation so that the most precise and accurate information is passed down to the emergency services that can potentially improve the patient’s chances of survival.
A recent statistic released by St John’s Ambulance has revealed that 140’000 people die each year in the UK from incidents where first aid could have possibly saved their lives. In addition to that, an average of 7.2 days is required for an injured employee to heal and start working. If employees are trained with the knowledge of emergency First Aid procedures, this number can be scaled down as timely attention and treatment can be applied by trained first aiders present in workplaces – thus reducing the time taken out of work. Hence, it is extremely important for workplaces to implement first aid training to ensure mishaps are controlled at first instance, preventing the condition from worsening.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to effectively respond to first aid emergencies occurring in workplaces, thus promoting increased safety precautions and fewer accidents.
- In line with the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981
- Designed by expert health and safety professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service
- Approved by IIRSM
- Endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Approximate duration of about 2 hours 25 minutes
Who is this Online Emergency First Aid Course at Work for?
This extensive Online Emergency First Aid Courses at Work is suitable for:
- Anyone who wants to have in-depth knowledge about emergency first aid
- Anyone who is motivated to help others by providing first aid
- Any employee in a workplace who is interested in first aid
- Workplace first aiders who want to refresh their first aid knowledge
Whether you are an employee or employer looking to implement Emergency First Aid at your workplace so that everyone can benefit from it or simply looking to gain extensive skills and knowledge about first aid to help yourself or the people beside you in any emergency situation, this course will set you with with the appropriate credentials needed to provide emergency first aid assistance to those in need.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Online Emergency First Aid Course at Work
By the end of this Online Emergency First Aid Courses at Work, you will:
- Learn how to deal with a person refusing to take first aid
- Learn about chest compression, defibrillation, serious bleeding management, shock management and spinal injury management.
- Understand the recovery position, i.e. in which position a patient should be kept in case of injury or sudden illness to avoid further harm
- Learn when and how to apply CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- Understand what AED ( Automated External Defibrillator) is and how to use it
- Understand how to assist a person with back blows, abdominal thrusts while a person is choking
- Understand the types of bleeding, its roots and how to control bleeding
- Know what causes shock and identify the symptoms of shock
- Learn about the potential causes of spinal injury, the indications of spinal injury and know how to provide first aid to a patient who has such an injury
- Identify the potential signs and symptoms of head injury
- Learn about incident management and record keeping when an accident occurs
- Learn about the categories of burn, the causes of burn and understand the difference between burn and scald
- Know what to do in case of electric shock
- Understand what epilepsy is, identify the symptoms of epilepsy and know how to treat someone suffering from an epileptic fit
- Understand the types of diabetes, identify the symptoms of hyperglycaemia and hypoglycaemia (high and low blood sugar levels) and the steps to take in such cases
- Identify the symptoms of heart attack and stroke and know how to provide first aid assistance to patients in such cases
This Emergency First Aid Course is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and IIRSM. CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations, and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement.
IIRSM’s approval process evaluates a course’s learning experience and technical content, the competence of any subject matter experts participating in course development, and the course quality to verify that it satisfies their quality criteria. Furthermore, this course is also endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality as providing independently-evaluated, high-quality content that teaches best practices.
CPD and Institute of Hospitality endorsed certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Emergency First Aid Course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Endorsed by Institute of Hospitality Accredited by The CPD Certification Service
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Emergency First Aid at Work Online Course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This Online Emergency First Aid Courses at Work assesses learners through multiple choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of each module, learners must answer MCQs to step into the next module. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 75%.
On completion of the Online Emergency First Aid Courses at Work, you will be eligible to download CPD accredited and Institute of Hospitality endorsed free electronic certificate instantly. There is a minimal shipping charge applicable to get the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Shipment Inside the UK = £5.99
- International Shipment = £16.99
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly.
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to the time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Module 1: What is First Aid?|
|Module 2: Barriers, ABCDs and the recovery position|
|Module 3: CPR and AEDs|
|Module 4: Choking|
|Module 5: Bleeding|
|Module 6: Shock|
|Module 7: Spinal Injuries|
|Module 8: Breaks|
|Module 9: Head Injuries|
|Module 10: Sprains|
|Module 11: Managing an Incident & Record Keeping|
|Module 12: Burns & Scalds|
|Module 13: Electric Shock|
|Module 14: Eye Injuries|
|Module 15: Anaphylaxis and Diabetes|
|Module 16: Heart Attack & Stroke|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion||00:00:00|