Choose Your Exam Board
GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 requires all employers to ensure that their employees know how to work safely and without jeopardising themselves or others, which can help to reduce the risk of such workplace mishaps. Our Safety and Health courses are up-to-date, well-structured, and in line with the ever-changing landscape of safety subjects because our courses are carefully crafted by industry professionals who lead our content development initiatives and ensure accuracy.
This Electrical Safety Certificate Course Online is designed to ensure that both employers and employees are aware of the major dangers and preventive measures that must be implemented in order to use electricity safely at work. This course provides a concise insight into the two main types of electricity, accident and fatality figures in the United Kingdom, and a brief description of its major components voltage, current, and resistance.
This course will teach you how to perform and implement proper electrical risk assessment within the workplace, review existing control measures, and ensure that adequate personal protective equipment is in place to protect workers from injury when they are working with electrical appliances or installations. The course concludes with an overview of the major standards, and prevalent legislations that govern the usage of electricity in the workplace including a form of basic guidelines on how to safely assist someone you suspect of having been electrocuted.
Moreover, approximately 1000 workplace accidents involving electric shock or burns are reported to the Health and Safety Executive each year (HSE). The majority of these deaths are caused by coming into touch with overhead or underground electricity lines, dangerous working conditions, lack of proper training, and poor usage of electrical equipment. Electrical Safety Training can aid you in ensuring that your employees know how to work safely and without jeopardising themselves or others, which can help to reduce the risk of such workplace mishaps.
Upon successful completion of this Electrical Safety Certificate Course Online, you will be able to design effective electrical safety guidelines and know how to perform risk assessments that will result in a safer, more productive work environment that meets recognized safety requirements.
- Complies with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Designed by expert health and safety professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service
- Approved by IIRSM
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Approximate duration of about 45 minutes
Who is this Electrical Safety Training Course Online for?
Whether you’re an employer or supervisor in charge of planning, supervising, or managing the safety of your employees at specific workplaces, or simply want to gain knowledge and skills to keep yourself safe while working with electrical equipment, this Electrical Safety Certificate Course Online will provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge to implement effective preventive and control measures to ensure the safety of your employees from electrical hazards.
This training is not limited to employers, employees, or a certain industry. It rather pertains to a wide range of industries, reaching out to any audience interested in learning more about workplace safety from electrical hazards and the potential risks.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Electrical Safety Training Course Online
By the end of this Electrical Safety Certificate Course Online, you will:
- Explain what electricity is and define the terms associated with electricity
- Analyse the benefits electricity brings to the society
- Understand how electricity can be converted into another form of energy
- Explain the key components of electricity and its classification
- Analyse the facts and statistics about electricity
- Understand how electricity can cause harm to mankind
- Recognise the key hazards associated to contact with electricity
- Identify the safety steps and precautions you can take to reduce the risk of harm
- Demonstrate the various legislation that applies to electrical hazards
- Understand how single-phase supply and three-phase supply are used
- Know how voltage is reduced to levels acceptable for domestic and industrial use
- Understand the journey electricity makes from the power plants
- Know how to manage the portable electrical appliance
- Analyse the three types of maintenance plans and know how to implement them
This Electrical Safety Certificate Course Online is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and IIRSM. IIRSM’s approval process evaluates a course’s learning experience and technical content, the competence of any subject matter experts participating in course development, and the course quality to verify that it satisfies their quality criteria.
CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement. CPD certified courses are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing this Electrical Safety Certificate Course Online, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Electrical Safety Training Course Online course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This Electrical Safety Certificate Course Online assesses learners through multiple choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of each module, learners must answer MCQs to step into the next module. Through the MCQs it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 75%.
On completion of this Electrical Safety Certificate Course Online, you will be eligible to download CPD and IIRSM accredited free electronic certificate instantly. There is a minimal shipping charge applicable to get the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Shipment Inside the UK = £5.99
- International Shipment = £16.99
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to the time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Module 1: Overview and Benefits of Electricity|
|Module 2: What is Electricity?|
|Module 3: How Electricity Can Cause Harm|
|Module 4: Legislation, Standards and Key Steps|
|Module 5: PAT Testing Standards and Guidance|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion||00:00:00|