GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
Addiction Psychology and Counselling at QLS Level 3 Course Description
Learn the Latest Skills | Accredited by CPD UK and IPHM | Recognised Certificate | MCQ Based Exam & Tutor Support | Interactive Video Training | Lifetime Access
This addiction psychology and counselling at QLS level 3 course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
The addiction psychology and counselling course is crafted for those who want to counsel people who have suffered any major setbacks or tragedy in their families or anyone who has a strong addiction to drugs/alcohol and want to learn how to get over it. This extensive course will help you in understanding various treatments of addiction, drug policies, legislation and decriminalisation, alcohol and drug education, and much more.
By the end of this course, you will be equipped with theoretical knowledge to deal with addiction-related issues, child-related psychological issues, and mental disorders. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Learn about community change, outreach, harm reduction, or Abstinence
- Understand how Pharmacotherapy help the victim in reducing drug or alcohol addiction
- Learn how the Harm reduction model plays a vital role in eliminating the negative or social behaviour in humans
- Have a basic understanding of the Minnesota model and treatments in practice
- Learn the procedures and methods in Addiction counseling and therapy
- Educate yourself on Alcohol and Drug
- Learn about Alcohol and drug-related issues in the workplace
- Understand how to counsel children who are part of alcoholic families and keep track of child’s behavior and attitudes
- Learn the Intervention approach to combat human behavior or addiction-related issues
- Gain knowledge around the importance of helper, his/her qualities, skills, and attitudes
- Learn about AI-Anon family groups and their principles
Accredited by CPD UK and IPHM
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM)
How Will I Benefit?
- Boost your career in addiction psychology and counselling
- Deepen your knowledge and skills in your chosen field just in hours not years!
- Study a course that is easy to follow.
- Save money and time by studying at your convenient time
- Have access to a tutor whenever you are in need
So, what are you thinking about! Start getting the benefits by enrolling today!
Why Choose this Addiction Psychology and Counselling at QLS Level 3 Course:
- Accredited by The CPD UK
- Accredited by International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM)
- Lifetime Access
- High-quality e-learning study materials
- Learn the most in-demand skills
- Self-paced, no fixed schedules
- MCQ Exam and 24/7 Support Included
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- No hidden fee
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform
Who is this addiction psychology and counselling at QLS level 3 course for?
This addiction psychology and counselling course is suitable for those who want to get over drug or alcohol addiction, anyone who wants to study addiction psychology and counseling in depth. It is perfect for anyone who wants to take their career in psychology and counselling to the next level.
- There are no academic entry requirements for this course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- As long as you are aged seventeen or over and have a basic grasp of English, numeracy and ICT, you will be eligible to enrol.
Method of Assessment
On successful completion of the addiction psychology and counselling at QLS level 3 course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice assessment. The assessment will be evaluated automatically and the results will be given to you immediately.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate from Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully passing the MCQ exam you will be eligible to order the addiction psychology and counselling at QLS level 3 Endorsed Certificate by Quality Licence Scheme. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. It will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees. There is a Quality Licence Scheme endorsement fee to obtain an endorsed certificate which is £65.
Certificate of Achievement from Lead Academy
After successfully passing the MCQ exam you will be eligible to order your certificate of achievement as proof of your new skill. The certificate of achievement is an official credential that confirms that you successfully finished a course with Lead Academy. Certificate can be obtained in PDF version at a cost of £12, and there is an additional fee to obtain a printed copy certificate which is £35.
This course opens a brand new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also provides you with the chance to accumulate in-depth knowledge at the side of needed skills to become flourishing in no time. You will also be able to add your new skills to your CV, enhance your career and become more competitive in your chosen industry.
|Supplementary Resources – Addiction Psychology and Counselling at QLS Level 3||01:00:00|
|How IT Works|
|How IT Works||00:00:00|
|Introduction: About instructor & the course||00:02:00|
|Theories of Addiction|
|The Moral Model||00:05:00|
|The Psychological Model||00:06:00|
|The Medical / Disease Model||00:09:00|
|The Socio-Cultural Model||00:05:00|
|The Minnesota Model||00:04:00|
|Counselling and Therapy||00:07:00|
|Harm Reduction Model||00:04:00|
|Treatments in Practice||00:05:00|
|Addiction in Society|
|Drug policies, Legislation and Decriminalisation||00:08:00|
|Community change, Outreach, Harm Reduction or Abstinence||00:06:00|
|Alcohol and Drug education||00:05:00|
|Alcohol- and drug related issues in the workplace||00:05:00|
|Addiction in Families|
|Codependency, Children of alcoholic families, parenting styles, family factors||00:08:00|
|Relapse for Families, ‘Letting Go’, Dependent Attitudes and Dependent Behaviours||00:04:00|
|The Intervention Approach||00:04:00|
|Working with Addiction|
|Why be a ‘Helper’||00:03:00|
|‘Helper’ Qualities and Attitudes||00:03:00|
|Counselling / ‘Helping’ Skills||00:04:00|
|Assessment – Addiction Psychology and Counselling at QLS Level 3||00:10:00|
|Order Your Certificate Now|
|Order Your Certificate of Achievement||00:00:00|
|Get Your Insurance Now|
|Get Your Insurance Now||00:00:00|