Choose Your Exam Board
GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
This course is designed to encourage people to act in ways that are meaningful to them, even if doing so causes them to have challenging thoughts and feelings. This online Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training is ideal for those willing to strengthen their acceptance and commitment therapy knowledge. This extensive online course will also help you understand relational frame theory (RFT), foundations of acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), the model of ACT and psychological flexibility
You will also discover how to incorporate ‘Mindfulness’ and ‘Acceptance’ into your everyday routine to improve your cognitive state over time and understand why chasing happiness isn’t always a good idea and what you can do about it. This course will help you understand why self-doubt is a normal phenomena including why emotional pain is so persistent. Finally, you will learn how to normalise clients’ struggles with their emotions, deal with feelings from the past and learn how to bring ACT into practice through various techniques and exercises.
Upon successful completion of this Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training, you will gain theoretical knowledge about ACT, core processes in ACT, positive psychology and the happiness trap and ACT in practice. You will also develop the skills required to become a confident counsellor and therapist.
This course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
- Designed by expert professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service and IPHM
- Endorsed by Quality Licence Scheme
- Recognised and Valuable Certification
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Interactive Video Training
- Approximate duration of about 8 Hours
Who is this Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT) Training Course Online for?
This Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training is primarily aimed at:
- Mental Health Professional
- Any person working in care settings
- Aspiring Counsellor or Psychologist
- Students of Psychology and Counselling
This training is, however, not restricted to a particular profession or field of endeavour. It may also be beneficial to a broader group of people who want to learn more about Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in order to assist themselves or others in creating a better relationship with tough thoughts, feelings, and internal experiences and learn how to commit to living their lives fully.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT) Training Course Online
By the end of this Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training, you will be able to:
- Define ACT and Understand the fundamentals and key aspects of ACT.
- Gain knowledge about relational frame theory (RFT) and the model of ACT
- Understand the foundations of acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT).
- Learn what psychological flexibility is, its importance and the therapeutic relationship in the ACT.
- Understand why ‘suppressing thoughts’ is not always helpful
- Understand how to process acceptance and cognitive defusion in ACT
- Understand why emotions don’t want to disappear.
- Acquire knowledge about the core processes in the ACT
- Understand how ACT is incorporated into practice
- Learn how to bring ACT into practice through various techniques and exercises
- Know how the ACT is used to combat mental health disorders
- Understand how to manage stress and anxiety
- Learn about the psychology of alcohol and drug addictions.
This Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM). The IPHM is an Accreditation Board that offers an international and worldwide accreditation to Training Providers. An accreditation by the Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM) is a guarantee of quality and expertise.
CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement.
CPD and IPHM certified certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM)
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of the modules, learners must answer MCQs to complete the assessment procedure. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 60%.
Certificate of Completion
On completion of this Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training, you will be eligible to obtain your free PDF certificate of course completion. However, it is recommended that you should have a CPD & IPHM accredited certificate or a Quality License Scheme endorsed certificate and transcript that is valued by employers in the UK and globally.
Certificate of Achievement
CPD UK and IPHM Accredited Certificate of Achievement
On successful completion of this Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training, you will be eligible to order your CPD UK and IPHM accredited certificate of achievement (dual certificate) as proof of your new skill. CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement. The certificate can be obtained in PDF version at a cost of £12, and there is an additional fee to obtain a printed copy certificate which is £35.
Endorsed Certificate from Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully passing the MCQ exam you will be eligible to obtain the Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training Endorsed Certificate by Quality Licence Scheme. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. It will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees. There is a Quality Licence Scheme endorsement fee to obtain an endorsed certificate which is £65.
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to a time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Supplementary Resources – Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT) Training Course Online||01:00:00|
|Introduction To The Course|
|About The Tutor||00:03:00|
|About The Course||00:06:00|
|Introduction To The Course|
|What is ACT||00:11:00|
|Steven C.Hayes and ACT||00:06:00|
|The Principles of ACT|
|Relational Frame Theory (RFT)||00:15:00|
|Foundations of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)||00:10:00|
|The Model of ACT||00:14:00|
|Why ‘Stuck’ but ‘Not’ Broken||00:10:00|
|What is ‘Psychological Flexibility’ and Why it’s Important||00:13:00|
|The Therapeutic Relationship in ACT||00:10:00|
|Core Processes in ACT|
|Contacting the Present Moment (Being Present)||00:18:00|
|The Observing Self (‘Self as Context’)||00:12:00|
|Values (Understanding your values)||00:15:00|
|Positive Psychology and The Happiness Trap|
|‘The Happiness Trap’||00:12:00|
|The Issues with Thoughts||00:11:00|
|Why ‘Suppressing Thoughts’ is not Always Helpful||00:09:00|
|Acceptance Vs Letting Go||00:12:00|
|Why Emotions Don't Want to Disappear|
|Why Self-Doubt is A ‘Normal’ Phenomena||00:13:00|
|Why Emotional Pain is So Persistent||00:15:00|
|Normalising Clients’ Struggles With Their Emotions||00:11:00|
|Dealing With Feelings From ‘The Past’||00:16:00|
|ACT in Practice|
|The ‘Passengers on The Bus’ Exercise||00:11:00|
|‘The Struggle Switch’ Exercise||00:06:00|
|‘Thanking Your Mind’ Exercise||00:09:00|
|Positive Thinking and Cognitive Restructuring||00:13:00|
|ACT for Mental Health Disorders||00:13:00|
|BONUS Section :|
|BONUS 1: Stress- and Anxiety Management||00:15:00|
|BONUS 2: Psychology of Alcohol & Drug Addictions||00:18:00|
|Thank You and Good Bye!|
|Thank You and Good Bye!||00:02:00|
|Assessment – Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT) Training Course Online||00:10:00|
|Order Your Certificate Now|
|Order Your Certificate of Achievement||00:00:00|
|Get Your Insurance Now|
|Get Your Insurance Now||00:00:00|