GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
The Equality Act 2010 covers epilepsy, a brain condition that affects people of all ages and is a chronic non-communicable disease that can affect people both for a short period of time or for the rest of their lives. Epilepsy awareness is a vital part of health care training and is valuable for individuals working with or accountable for the well-being and welfare of people with epilepsy. This Epilepsy Awareness Training Course is designed to help you identify the symptoms and potential causes of epilepsy along with an overview of the available treatments that can be provided.
You also gain knowledge about some possible kinds of seizure triggers and know how to provide practical advice if you witness someone experiencing a seizure. This Epilepsy Awareness Training Course will not only prepare you to deal with emergencies but will also teach you how to care for people suffering from epilepsy on a daily basis. This includes assisting people with medication compliance and being sensitive to mood swings and unpredictable behaviour caused by the disease.
Epilepsy affects almost 50 million individuals worldwide, making it one of the most common neurological diseases that require a lot of attention. The annual incidence of epilepsy is estimated to be 50 per 100,000, with a prevalence of active epilepsy of 5–10 cases per 1000 in the United Kingdom. As a result, before raising awareness, it’s crucial to educate people about epilepsy, and this comprehensive Epilepsy Awareness Training Course will help you do just that.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to offer assistance and support to people suffering from epilepsy in the event of an emergency.
- In line with the latest Health and Safety Laws
- Designed by expert healthcare professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Approximate duration of about 30 Minutes
Who is this Epilepsy Awareness Course Online for?
This Epilepsy Awareness Training Course is primarily aimed at Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. This training is not, however, confined to a single profession or industry. It may also be valuable to a broader audience of people who want to learn more about epilepsy and how to provide assistance to people suffering from it.
This course is also a great complement to first aid training because it extends the knowledge about seizures that are generally included in first aid.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Epilepsy Awareness Course Online
By the end of this Epilepsy Awareness Training Course, you will:
- Define epilepsy and know what causes it
- Identify the elements that trigger a seizure
- Demonstrate the different types of seizures
- Know what to do if you see someone having a seizure
- Understand how epilepsy affects the brain
- Demonstrate the method of diagnosis
- Determine how to assist the individual and their family
- Learn about the different types of epilepsy treatments you can provide
This Epilepsy Awareness Training Course is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD). CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations, and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement.
CPD certified certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Epilepsy Awareness Training Course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Epilepsy Awareness Course Online course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This Epilepsy Awareness Training Course assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of each module, learners must answer MCQs to step into the next module. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 75%.
Upon successful completion of this Epilepsy Awareness Training Course, you will be eligible to download CPD accredited free electronic certificate instantly. There is a minimal shipping charge applicable to get the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Shipment Inside the UK = £5.99
- International Shipment = £16.99
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to the time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Module 1: What Is Epilepsy?|
|Module 2: Types Of Seizure|
|Module 3: What To Do|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion||00:00:00|