GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
When working with people in a caring setting, the two most important attributes to have are dignity and privacy, both of which should be respected at all times. Additionally, medical practitioners in the United Kingdom are required to follow the General Medical Council’s ‘Good Medical Practice’ guidelines, which mandate that they must “treat patients as individuals and respect their dignity and privacy.”
This Privacy and Dignity in Care course is designed to assist healthcare professionals to promote and protect the dignity and privacy of those in their care. This course covers the definition of dignity and privacy in the healthcare industry, as well as an explanation of how the two are frequently intertwined. It also includes a number of professional tips on how to develop positive working relationships with your service users, as well as an explanation of how to overcome hurdles to dignity and privacy in a care setting.
Poor or uneven standards of dignity and respect are experienced by 23% of patients in the UK which approximates about 2.8 million people per year. Moreover, people tend to seek medical help at a very vulnerable and fragile time in their lives. Therefore, taking care of people as individuals and treating them with the respect they deserve is vital as it helps them feel supported and safe, resulting in high patient satisfaction.
Upon successful completion of this Privacy and Dignity in Care course, you will be able to promote and uphold the dignity and privacy rights of the people under your care.
- In line with the latest Health and Safety Laws
- Designed by expert healthcare professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Approximate duration of about 50 Minutes
Who is this Dignity & Privacy Course Online for?
This Privacy and Dignity in Care course is suitable for:
- Care workers
- Healthcare assistants (HCAs),
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Community services
- Social care workers
Although this course on Privacy and Dignity in Care is primarily designed for Care and Support Workers who work in a social care context; it may also be useful to a broader audience of persons interested in learning more about dignity and privacy legislation, as well as how to build effective working relationships with those in need.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Dignity & Privacy Course Online
By the end of this Privacy and Dignity in Care Course, you will:
- Define dignity and privacy within the healthcare sector
- Understand how dignity and privacy are linked or interdependent
- Know how to achieve the 10-Point Challenge
- Understand dignity and privacy from the service user’s point of view
- Identify the needs and wants of the service users
- Demonstrate the importance of the service user’s choice in terms of dignity and privacy
- Learn how to help service users in making informed choices
- Know how to set up the right working relationship with the service users
- Recognise the steps that require to be taken to increase the service user’s sense of dignity
- Know how to establish effective communication with service users
- Understand the importance of proper pain management
- Know how the eating habits and nutritional needs are linked with dignity and privacy
- Understand how to maintain equality and diversity in a care setting
- Demonstrate the simple ways to protect the privacy and recognise the risk of self-neglect
- Know how to overcome the barriers to dignity and privacy
This Privacy and Dignity in Care Course is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD). CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations, and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement.
CPD certified certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Privacy and Dignity in Care Course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Dignity & Privacy Course Online course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This Privacy and Dignity in Care Course assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of each module, learners must answer MCQs to step into the next module. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 75%.
Upon successful completion of this Privacy and Dignity in Care Course, you will be eligible to download CPD accredited free electronic certificate instantly. There is a minimal shipping charge applicable to get the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Shipment Inside the UK = £5.99
- International Shipment = £16.99
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to the time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Module 1: Overview of the Course|
|Module 2: Understanding the Principles|
|Module 3: Dignity – Good Practice Part 1|
|Module 4: Dignity – Good Practice Part 2|
|Module 5: Privacy – Good Practice|
|Module 6: Self-care|
|Module 7: Overcoming Barriers to Dignity and Privacy|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion||00:00:00|