GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
Addiction is one of our society’s most common concerns today. It affects people of all ages, genders, nationalities, and financial levels. Despite public and private support, the global economy fails to provide adequate person-centred care for the millions of people suffering from addiction. If you want to gain qualifications and expertise to assist people in your community to overcome addiction via professional and personal counselling, this course is ideal for you.
This well-structured Psychology of Addiction Course provides valuable insight into the theories of addiction and how they can be used to address addictions that are detrimental to people. It will help you build a solid foundation of the moral model, the psychological model, the medical/disease model and the socio-cultural model. This course also covers all of the commonly used approaches for addiction recovery. This comprehensive Addiction Counseling course will assist you in understanding the fundamental norms of addiction in society and families that result in long-term consequences. Finally, you will understand the art of accepting including the qualities and attributes a helper should have.
Upon successful completion of this Psychology of Addiction Course, you will be able to identify addiction and process how to deal with specific addiction in various ways.
This course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
- Designed by expert professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service and IPHM
- Endorsed by Quality Licence Scheme
- Recognised and Valuable Certification
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Interactive Video Training
- Approximate duration of about 3 Hours
Who is this Psychology of Addiction Course Online for?
This Psychology of Addiction Course is primarily aimed at:
- Addiction Counsellor
- Aspiring Addiction Counsellor
- Students of Psychology and Counselling
This training is, however, not limited to a particular profession or field of endeavour. It may also be beneficial to a broader group of people who want to learn more about the psychology of addiction in order to help themselves or others cope with addiction.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Psychology of Addiction Course Online
By the end of this Psychology of Addiction Course, you will be able to:
- Acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the basic theories of addiction
- Understand how the moral model, the psychological model, the medical/disease model and the socio-cultural model work
- Understand addiction treatments using pharmacotherapy, the Minnesota Model, counselling and therapy.
- Understand how the harm reduction model can minimise the negative social and physical consequences through addiction counselling
- Learn about addiction in society and understand how educating people on drugs and alcohol can reduce addiction
- Demonstrate various drug policies, legislation and decriminalisation
- Understand community change, outreach, harm reduction and abstinence.
- Learn different kinds of parenting styles that can be induced to deal with children of alcoholic families
- Learn about co-dependency, children of alcoholic families and family factors.
- Acquire knowledge about working with addiction and addiction treatments
- Master the art of accepting and identify the qualities and attributes of a helper
This Psychology of Addiction Course is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM). The IPHM is an Accreditation Board that offers an international and worldwide accreditation to Training Providers. An accreditation by the Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM) is a guarantee of quality and expertise.
CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement.
CPD and IPHM certified certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Psychology of Addiction Course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM)
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Psychology of Addiction Course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- As long as you are aged seventeen or over and have a basic grasp of English, numeracy and ICT, you will be eligible to enrol.
However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This Psychology of Addiction Course assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of the modules, learners must answer MCQs to complete the assessment procedure. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 60%.
Certificate of Completion
On completion of this Psychology of Addiction Course, you will be eligible to obtain your free PDF certificate of course completion. However, it is recommended that you should have a CPD & IPHM accredited certificate or a Quality License Scheme endorsed certificate and transcript that is valued by employers in the UK and globally.
Certificate of Achievement
CPD UK and IPHM Accredited Certificate of Achievement
On successful completion of the Psychology of Addiction Course, you will be eligible to order your CPD UK and IPHM accredited certificate of achievement (dual certificate) as proof of your new skill. CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement. The certificate can be obtained in PDF version at a cost of £12, and there is an additional fee to obtain a printed copy certificate which is £35.
Endorsed Certificate from Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully passing the MCQ exam you will be eligible to obtain the Psychology of Addiction Endorsed Certificate by Quality Licence Scheme. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. It will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees. There is a Quality Licence Scheme endorsement fee to obtain an endorsed certificate which is £65.
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to a time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Supplementary Resources – Psychology of Addiction Course Online||01:00:00|
|Theories of Addiction|
|The Moral Model||00:05:00|
|The Psychological Model||00:06:00|
|The Medical/Disease Model||00:09:00|
|The Socio-Cultural Model||00:05:00|
|The Minnesota Model||00:04:00|
|Counselling And Therapy||00:07:00|
|Harm Reduction Model||00:04:00|
|Treatments In Practice||00:05:00|
|Addiction in Society|
|Drug Policies, Legislation And Decriminalisation||00:08:00|
|Community Change, Outreach, Harm Reduction Or Abstinence||00:06:00|
|Alcohol And Drug Education||00:05:00|
|Addiction in Families|
|Co-Dependency, Children Of Alcoholic Families, Parenting Styles And Family Factors||00:08:00|
|Relapse For Families, ‘Letting Go’, Dependent Attitudes And Dependent Behaviours||00:04:00|
|The Intervention Approach||00:04:00|
|Working with Addiction|
|Why Be A Helper||00:03:00|
|Helper Qualities And Attitudes||00:03:00|
|The Art Of Accepting||00:03:00|
|Assessment – Psychology of Addiction Course Online||00:10:00|
|Order Your Certificate Now|
|Order Your Certificate of Achievement||00:00:00|
|Get Your Insurance Now|
|Get Your Insurance Now||00:00:00|