Top organisations choose our Staff Training to develop their skills.
Paediatric First Aid Training for Childcare Professionals Course Description
Learn the Latest Skills | Accredited by CPD UK and IPHM | Recognised Certificate | MCQ Based Exam & Tutor Support | Interactive Video Training | Lifetime Access
This Paediatric First Aid Training for Childcare Professionals course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
This paediatric course guides you with theoretical first-aid skills and knowledge in case of an accident or emergency. It will teach you about the essential tactics to deal with the crisis. Learn the fundamental skills and knowledge you need to administer first aid to children in everyday situations. You will learn theoretical principles on treating and dealing with burns and scalds, wounds, sudden illnesses, minor accidents and many more injuries that arise in children.
This paediatric First Aid training course is designed for anyone who takes care of the children or works in a setting where children are present. It will help you to gain essential skills and knowledge to tackle a potentially life-threatening situation. However, you can always consult a doctor if you suspect severe illness or injury.
By the end of this course, you will have extensive knowledge to diagnose and treat a baby in uncertain real-life situations. You will have a basic idea about the role of the first aider, immediate steps to take in the case of anaphylaxis, spinal injuries, or choking. This online course provides theoretical knowledge on paediatric first aid training. However, if you are keen to receive an accredited or regulated paediatric first aid training skill then you need to undergo a practical paediatric first-aid course to meet current legislative requirements. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Get acquainted with the roles and responsibilities of the Paediatric First Aider
- Understand techniques to safeguard a baby in the event of accidents or emergencies such as drowning, bleeding, burns etc.
- Know how to immediately treat an unconscious casualty who is not breathing
- Understand how to treat a suspected injury to muscles, joints, and bones
- Learn the principles and role of a first aider, basics of first-aid and the steps to manage an emergency
- Able to deal with situations where a child is suffering from allergic reactions, high temperatures, asthma attacks, or epileptic seizures
- Learn how to administer CPR to children and infants
- Understand about the primary survey (the aim of first aid, your first aid box) and secondary survey( when to call an ambulance, steps to deal with child’s wounds and bleeding)
- Know how to treat secondary injuries such as head injuries, fractures and broken bones, and spinal injuries
Accredited by CPD UK and IPHM
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM)
How Will I Benefit?
- Boost your career in Paediatric First Aid
- Deepen your knowledge and skills in your chosen field just in hours not years!
- Study a course that is easy to follow.
- Save money and time by studying at your convenient time
- Have access to a tutor whenever you are in need
So, what are you thinking about! Start getting the benefits by enrolling today!
Why Choose this Paediatric First Aid Training for Childcare Professionals Course:
- Accredited by The CPD UK
- Accredited by International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM)
- Lifetime Access
- High-quality e-learning study materials
- Learn the most in-demand skills
- Self-paced, no fixed schedules
- MCQ Exam and 24/7 Support Included
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- No hidden fee
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform
Who is this paediatric first aid training for childcare professionals course for?
This paediatric first aid course is aimed at anyone who wishes to develop this essential life skill in everyday situations. It is particularly recommended for:
- Classroom assistants
- Childcare workers
- Nursery workers
- Parents and carers of children
This online course provides theoretical knowledge on paediatric first aid. However, if you are keen to receive an accredited or regulated paediatric first aid skill then you need to undergo a practical paediatric first-aid course to meet current legislative requirements.
- There are no academic entry requirements for this course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- As long as you are aged seventeen or over and have a basic grasp of English, numeracy and ICT, you will be eligible to enrol.
Method of Assessment
On successful completion of the Paediatric First Aid Training for Childcare Professionals course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice assessment. The assessment will be evaluated automatically and the results will be given to you immediately.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate from Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully passing the MCQ exam you will be eligible to order the Paediatric First Aid Training for Childcare Professionals Endorsed Certificate by the Quality Licence Scheme. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. It will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees. There is a Quality Licence Scheme endorsement fee to obtain an endorsed certificate which is £65.
Certificate of Achievement from Lead Academy
After successfully passing the MCQ exam you will be eligible to order your certificate of achievement as proof of your new skill. The certificate of achievement is an official credential that confirms that you successfully finished a course with Lead Academy. Certificate can be obtained in PDF version at a cost of £12, and there is an additional fee to obtain a printed copy certificate which is £35.
This course opens a brand new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also provides you with the chance to accumulate in-depth knowledge at the side of needed skills to become flourishing in no time. You will also be able to add your new skills to your CV, enhance your career and become more competitive in your chosen industry.
|Module 1: Introduction|
|Module 1: Introduction||00:09:00|
|Module 2: Principles & Role Of A First Aider|
|Module 2: Principles & Role Of A First Aider||00:13:00|
|Module 3: First Aid Basics|
|Module 3: First Aid Basics||00:10:00|
|Module 4: Managing An Emergency|
|Module 4: Managing An Emergency||00:21:00|
|Module 5: Unresponsive Infant/Child|
|Module 5: Unresponsive Infant/Child||00:09:00|
|Module 6: Allergic Reaction|
|Module 6: Allergic Reaction||00:12:00|
|Module 7: Asthma: ‘Shortness Of Breath’|
|Module 7: Asthma: ‘Shortness Of Breath’||00:11:00|
|Module 8: Burns & Scalds|
|Module 8: Burns & Scalds||00:07:00|
|Module 9: Cuts & Wounds, Bleeding & Shock|
|Module 9: Cuts & Wounds, Bleeding & Shock||00:13:00|
|Module 10: Choking|
|Module 10: Choking||00:08:00|
|Module 11: Diabetes|
|Module 11: Diabetes||00:04:00|
|Module 12: Insect Bites & Rashes|
|Module 12: Insect Bites & Rashes||00:07:00|
|Module 13: Eye Injury & Foreign Body|
|Module 13: Eye Injury & Foreign Body||00:11:00|
|Module 14: Head & Bone Injuries|
|Module 14: Head & Bone Injuries||00:17:00|
|Module 15: Near Drowning|
|Module 15: Near Drowning||00:07:00|
|Module 16: Poisoning|
|Module 16: Poisoning||00:09:00|
|Module 17: Seizure|
|Module 17: Seizure||00:11:00|
|Module 18: Spinal Injuries|
|Module 18: Spinal Injuries||00:11:00|
|Assessment – Paediatric First Aid Training for Childcare Professionals||00:10:00|
|Order Your Certificate Now|
|Order Your Certificate of Achievement||00:00:00|
|Get Your Insurance Now|
|Get Your Insurance Now||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.