GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
The European Union Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 lays out a variety of requirements for food handlers, including ensuring that the food they prepare, cook, serve, or sell is safe for human consumption. Food contamination can occur if food safety regulations are not followed, with potentially lethal effects. This course includes the most up-to-date UK and EU laws, rules, and regulations to ensure that you can follow the provisions while maintaining food hygiene and safety procedures that are appropriate for your profession.
Employers and employees associated with the food industry of the catering sector or anyone working in the capacity of direct handling of food such as chef, kitchen assistant, nursery staff at school or any worker at care homes are highly regarded to take this extensive
This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety Course for Catering will assist you in recognizing your food hygiene duties so that you can behave responsibly and show customers that you and your company are concerned about food safety. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to identify the various risks and hazards that can occur during processing or handling food and the most organic way to prevent these risks to achieve the UK and EU approved food standards.
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service and IIRSM
- Endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
- Meets legal standards of UK and EU
- Similar to the RSPH and CIEH curriculum
- Assists in complying with legal obligations
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning with a duration of approximately 1 hour 15 minutes
Who is this Level 2 Food Safety – Catering Course for?
This comprehensive Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety Course for Catering is ideal for anyone working in a retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled.
Typical environments may include:
- Pubs, hotels, restaurants;
- Supermarkets and retail environments;
- Food and drink manufacturers;
- Care homes;
Whether you are any professional working in the capacity of chef, kitchen assistant, teacher, care worker, barista or nursery staff or simply willing to learn about food safety and hygiene practices, this Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety Course for Catering will set you up with the required skills and knowledge to prevent and control risks associated to food handling and create an awareness of the dangers that poor food safety standards pose
Aims and Learning Outcomes of Level 2 Food Safety – Catering Course
By the end of this Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety Course for Catering, you will:
- Understand what food hygiene and safety is and how it affects Catering food handling industries
- Understand the key factors involved in maintaining high standards of food safety in food Catering or food-handling industries
- Acquire knowledge about the EU and UK laws and legislations available regarding approved food standards
- Identify several food safety risks and hazards that can arise at the various stages of processing, packaging, delivering, serving and storing
- Learn how microorganisms can create an adverse impact on public health which is one of the key causes of foodborne illnesses and food poisoning.
- Get acquainted with ways to control and prevent foodborne illness and food poisoning
- Understand how food-borne illness and food poisoning by poor waste management
- Understand effective pest control to manage and prevent food pests can generate effective food hygiene and safety
- Learn to maintain the internal and external parts of the work premises to ensure food hygiene and safety
The Level 2 Food Safety Course for Catering is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and IIRSM. CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value for your professional goal and achievement.
Furthermore, this course is also endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality as providing independently-evaluated, high-quality content that teaches best practices.
CPD certified & Institute of Hospitality endorsed certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Level 2 Food Safety Course for Catering, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Endorsed by Institute of Hospitality Accredited by The CPD Certification Service
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety Course for Catering course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This Level 2 Food Safety Course for Catering assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of each module, learners must answer MCQs to step into the next module. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 75%.
On completion of the Level 2 Food Safety Course for Catering, you will be eligible to download CPD and IIRSM accredited & Institute of Hospitality endorsed free electronic certificate instantly. There is a minimal shipping charge applicable to get the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Shipment Inside the UK = £5.99
- International Shipment = £16.99
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to a time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Module 1: Food Safety Legislation|
|Module 2: Hazards from Delivery to Service|
|Module 3: Risk Control (Prevention of Contamination)|
|Module 4: Pests, Premises and People|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion||00:00:00|