GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
Employers owe a duty of care, by law, to their healthcare employees, and they must provide appropriate and sufficient training to them to verify that they are capable of maintaining proper infection control in workplaces. Regardless of whose service they work in, the primary goal of a healthcare worker is to prevent infections. This Infection Control Training Course emphasises the effects of both good and bad infection control as well the impact of infection on people. It then goes into detail regarding infection control legislation, different types of germs, how bacteria are transferred and provides a detailed analysis of the infection chain.
The estimated incidence of healthcare-associated infections in acute care hospitals in the UK is reported to be 0.047. Approximately 3.5 per cent of patients who contract healthcare-associated infections die as a result of this infection, despite the fact that these infections related deaths are preventable and curable. These infections might arise as a direct result of medical interventions or as a result of coming into touch with a healthcare setting that is exposed to such infections. Therefore, Infection Control Training is a vital aspect of ensuring the safety of the vulnerable people residing in any care setting or workplace.
Upon successful completion of this Infection Control Training Course, you will be able to acquire proper infection prevention skills and knowledge relevant to the industry you work in.
- In line with the latest Health and Safety Laws
- Designed by expert healthcare professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service
- Approved by IIRSM
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Approximate duration of about 1 Hours
Who is this Infection Control Training course for?
This Infection Control Training Course is aimed at:
- Healthcare worker
- Care assistants
- Laboratory workers
- Veterinary and farm workers
- Public health professionals
Whether you are a healthcare professional exposed to risk of infection depending on the work you do or simply looking to implement such infection control procedures at workplaces to ensure the safety of your patients, this course will set you up with the appropriate credentials to contribute in creating a safe workplace for yourself and others.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this this Infection Control Training Course Online
By the end of this Infection Control Training Course, you will:
- Define infection prevention and control and know what constitutes the best practice of it
- Learn about the key legislations that governs infection prevention and control
- Understand the impact of bad and good infection prevent control on patients, staffs and employees
- Learn about various microorganisms and what causes it to grow
- Acquire knowledge about the prevalent methods of transmission of bacteria
- Learn about the chain of infection and know how to break or interrupt the chain
- Know what steps should be taken to control and prevent infection
- Learn about the various methods of cleaning and decontamination products to prevent the spread of infection
This Infection Control Training Course is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and IIRSM. IIRSM’s approval process evaluates a course’s learning experience and technical content, the competence of any subject matter experts participating in course development, and the course quality to verify that it satisfies their quality criteria.
CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations, and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement. CPD approved certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Infection Control Training Course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service
There are no academic entry requirements to enrol into this Infection Control Training Course; it is open to students and professionals of all academic backgrounds.
This Infection Control Training Course assesses learners through multiple choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of each module, learners must answer MCQs to step into the next module. Through the MCQs it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 75%.
On completion of the Infection Control Training Course, you will be eligible to download CPD accredited free electronic certificate instantly. There is a minimal shipping charge applicable to get the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Shipment Inside the UK = £5.99
- International Shipment = £16.99
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to the time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Module 1: The course structure|
|Module 2: Infection prevention and control, and the impact of infection|
|Module 3: The different microorganisms|
|Module 4: How bacteria are transmitted|
|Module 5: The Chain of Infection|
|Module 6: The control and prevention of infection|
|Module 7: Cleaning & Decontamination|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion||00:00:00|