GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
Accredited by Edexcel | Nationally Recognised Qualification | Ofqual Regulated | Tutor Support Available| Step by Step Guideline | Interactive Training | 24/7 Access
Are you ready to enhance your functional skills in maths to gain a competitive advantage in your career?
Embark on your journey of developing functional skills in maths by enrolling into this extensive Functional Skills Maths Level 1 qualification. This comprehensive Functional Skills Maths Level 1 will set you up with the appropriate skills and expertise in maths to help you solve critical problems in familiar situations that arise on a regular basis. The Education and Training Foundation carried out a concise research which revealed that 47% of employers know about Functional Skills and 87% of them value and accept these courses for their approach to applied skills, flexible assessment and problem solving.
Get extraordinary 1 to 1 Live Tutor Support by Zoom for 2 hours. Our tutor will help to overcome learning obstacles. Improves your academic performance, one-on-one attention, Improves self-esteem and confidence.
Functional Skills Maths Level 1
Accredited online course, study materials, official exam, exclusive tutor support, everything you need, to get qualified in Functional Skills Maths level 1 are available in one place. This functional skills maths level 1 qualification is regulated by Ofqual and equivalent to the GCSE, which is a nationally recognised. Every professional job requirement or university admission criteria seeks that candidate to have a firm foundation on practical maths. This Level 1 Maths Course with Exam will train you with the required practitioner skills in functional skills to match up to the requirements of any job outlook or university admission criteria.
Upon successful completion of this Level 1 Maths Course with Exam, you will achieve a recognised and well-accepted qualification in functional skills maths that is highly valued in the global arena in terms of securing both job and apprenticeship.
- Course type: Self-Paced Online Learning
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 61 hours
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 55 hours
- Accreditation: Pearson Edexcel
- Qualification: Nationally Recognised Ofqual Regulated Qualification
- Study Materials: High Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Exam: Yes, exam fees are included.
- Access: 1 Year Access
- Certificate: Certificate upon completion (hard copy)
- Tutor Support– Live 1:1 tutor support via Zoom and unlimited tutor support by email
How This Course Will Work For You?
- Initial Assessment: Determines from Pre-entry to Level 2
- Diagnostic Assessment: Identifies skill gaps and produces an individual learning plan
- Learning Resources: Develop underpinning knowledge and fill skill gaps identified
- Progress Check: Assesses progress at the end of the module
- Exam Practice: Apply underpinning knowledge to prepare for exams
You will get useful resources that are designed to improve your essential skills, knowledge and understanding of maths required to sit your functional skills exams.
Functional Skills qualifications provide reliable evidence of a learner’s achievements against demanding content that is relevant to the workplace. The qualifications assess learners’ underpinning subject knowledge and their ability to apply this knowledge to different contexts. They provide a foundation for progression to employment and further technical education, and they help learners to develop skills for everyday life. In some contexts, Functional Skills qualifications will also play a part in the government’s accountability systems.
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills in Mathematics at Level 1 are based on Department for Education (DfE) approved subject content, Nationally Recognised Qualifications and are regulated by Ofqual.
Our online learning portal is fully compatible with desktop, tablet and mobile devices and can be accessed from anywhere.
Functional Skills Maths Level 1 Qualification Purpose and Outcomes
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualifications in Mathematics at Level 1 is for learners who want to develop understanding and skills in mathematics.
The qualifications give learners the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate a sound grasp of the underpinning skills and basics of mathematical skills appropriate to the level.
- Apply mathematical thinking to solve simple problems in familiar situations.
Functional Skills Mathematics qualifications at these levels should:
- Indicate that students can demonstrate their ability in mathematical skills and their ability to apply these, through appropriate reasoning and decision making, to solve realistic problems of increasing complexity.
- Introduce students to new areas of life and work so that they are exposed to concepts and problems which, while not of immediate concern, may be of value in later life.
- Enable students to develop an appreciation of the role played by mathematics in the world of work and in life generally.
This Qualification Is Accredited By Pearson Edexcel & Regulated by OFQUAL
This Level 1 Maths Course with Exam is accredited by Pearson Edexcel and regulated by Ofqual which is a nationally recognised qualification that certifies your qualification and functional skills in maths at level 1.
About Pearson Edexcel and Functional Skills Course
Pearson Edexcel is an academic and general qualification that is designed to advance learners’ skills while developing knowledge. Edexcel’s qualifications help learners either progress to higher education or go directly into employment. They are grounded in the quality and traditions of the British education system made relevant for today’s UK and international learners.
Pearson Functional Skills are qualifications in English, Mathematics and ICT that are available from Entry 1 to Level 2. Suitable for learners of all ages, they’re also an accepted part of all Apprenticeship standards and frameworks and an alternative to GCSE in the UK.
Who is this Functional Skills Maths Level 1 Qualificaion For?
This comprehensive Level 1 Maths Course with Exam is suitable for:
- Anyone looking to improve their job prospects
- People of all ages and academic background
- Anyone looking to secure apprenticeship
- Anyone seeking to add certified qualification to their university application
- Anyone aspiring to accelerate their career in this sector and want to gain in-depth knowledge of functional skills in mathematics
Whether you are a newbie into the field of functional maths or any professional seeking to develop your expertise in functional skills maths, this Level 1 Maths Course with Exam will set you up with the required skill to enhance your career profile.
Students and professionals of all ages and academic backgrounds can enroll into this Level 1 Maths Course with Exam; no experience or previous qualifications is required. However the students or professionals are required to undergo an Initial Assessment and Diagnostic Assessment that will help us to determine your progression level and identify the skill gaps and produce an individual learning plan.
Successful completion of this assessment will set all the learning materials of the course in motion and you can access them at your ease within a year of time.
About Official Exam, Assessments & Certification
This Level 1 Maths Course with Exam evaluates students on the basis of various interactive online assessments in between lectures to determine the knowledge and skills that they are learning and absorbing in each section and whether they know how to apply and showcase these learning and credentials practically. You can also check the progress at the end of the module and keep practicing whenever you want to apply the underpinning knowledge to prepare for exams.
At the end of the course, you will be assessed via an online remotely invigilated exam that you can easily take from the comfort of your own home. Once you are ready to sit for the official exam, you book your official exam.
Learners must meet the requirements outlined below before the qualification can be awarded.
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 1consists of one externally assessed assessment that comprises two sections- a non-calculator section (calculator prohibited) and a calculator section (calculator permitted).
The assessments are available as paper-based and onscreen, on-demand assessment.
Section A (Non-calculator)
- Exam duration: 25 minutes
- Total Marks: 16
- Percentage of qualification: 25%
Section B ( Calculator)
- Exam duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Marks: 48
- Percentage of qualification: 75%
Pass Mark: Learners are required to achieve an overall 63% mark in order to pass the exam.
You will be rewarded with an Ofqual Regulated Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 1 upon successful completion of this Level 1 Maths Course with Exam. A certified hard copy of this qualification will be posted at your given address that is accepted by employers and universities across the globe. You can flaunt this qualification in your CV which will give you a competitive advantage over others in case of securing a job.
Progression Opportunities in this Level 1 Maths Qualification
Upon achieving the Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Levels 1, you can:
- Progress to level 2
- Advance to further vocational studies
- Access a wide range of professions within your chosen field
Why You Should Buy this Course from Lead Academy?
You can access the following support upon enrollment into this comprehensive Level 1 Maths Course with Exam:
- Customer support: We persistently make sure that our customers are having a comfortable experience while on this course and that is why we have an active customer support 24/7 that you can access through email.
- Tutor support: We have an array of expert and experienced tutor support that you can easily access with an additional cost of £25 per hour if you face any problem while absorbing the learning materials of this course.
We Are Unbeaten by Price & Quality
- When it comes to providing the best experience in respect to the value you are paying, we are unbeaten by price.
- If you are unsatisfied with the merit of this course, you can opt for ur money back guarantee option within 14 days of purchasing
- If your course costs above £50, you can access our installment option that permits you to pay your course fees with 3 installments.
|Login Instruction For the Functional Skills Course||00:00:00|
|Read, Write, Order And Compare Large Numbers (Up To One Million)|
|Recognise And Use Positive And Negative Numbers|
|Multiply And Divide Whole Numbers And Decimals By 10, 100, 1000|
|Use Multiplication Facts And Make Connections With Division Facts|
|Use Simple Formulae Expressed In Words For One Or Two-Step Operations|
|Calculate The Squares Of One-Digit And Two-Digit Numbers|
|Follow The Order Of Precedence Of Operators|
|Read, Write, Order And Compare Common Fractions And Mixed Numbers|
|Find Fractions Of Whole Number Quantities Or Measurements|
|Read, Write, Order And Compare Decimals Up To Three Decimal Places|
|Add, Subtract, Multiply And Divide Decimals Up To Two Decimal Places|
|Approximate By Rounding To A Whole Number Or To One Or Two Decimal Places|
|Read, Write, Order And Compare Percentages In Whole Numbers|
|Calculate Percentages Of Quantities, Including Simple Percentage Increases And Decreases By 5% And Multiples Thereof|
|Estimate Answers To Calculations Using Fractions And Decimals|
|Recognise And Calculate Equivalences Between Common Fractions, Percentages And Decimals|
|Work With Simple Ratio And Direct Proportions|
|Calculate Simple Interest In Multiples Of 5% On Amounts Of Money|
|Calculate Discounts In Multiples Of 5% On Amounts Of Money|
|Convert Between Units Of Length, Weight, Capacity, Money And Time, In The Same System|
|Recognise And Make Use Of Simple Scales On Maps And Drawings|
|Calculate The Area And Perimeter Of Simple Shapes Including Those That Are Made Up Of A Combination Of Rectangles|
|Calculate The Volumes Of Cubes And Cuboids|
|Draw 2-D Shapes And Demonstrate An Understanding Of Line Symmetry And Knowledge Of The Relative Size Of Angles|
|Interpret Plans, Elevations And Nets Of Simple 3-D Shapes|
|Use Angles When Describing Position And Direction, And Measure Angles In Degrees|