GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
GCSE Equivalent | Accredited by Edexcel | Nationally Recognised Qualification | Ofqual Regulated | Tutor Support | Step by Step Guideline | Interactive Training | 24/7 Access
Are you looking for a certified and recognized alternative to GCSE that fulfills the entry requirements of your university or career prospect?
This extensive functional skills level 2 maths course is the answer to your question. This functional skills level 2 maths course is an ideal substitute to GCSE maths that will help you secure any job or placement at your desired university. A research conducted by the Education and Training Foundation discovered that 47% of larger employers know about Functional Skills and 87% of them value these courses for their approach to applied skills, flexible assessment and problem solving.
Get extraordinary 1 to 1 Live Tutor Support by Zoom for 2 hours. Our tutor will help to overcome learning obstacles. Improves your academic performance, one-on-one attention, Improves self-esteem and confidence.
Functional Skills Level 2 Maths Course
This functional skills maths level 2 course is regulated by Ofqual and equivalent to the GCSE, which is a nationally recognised qualification.
If you have underperformed at the GCSE or lack the practical knowledge in maths that is required for any job, this functional skills level 2 maths course will fill in the gap by enhancing your abilities to fit into any sector you apply to. This functional skills level 2 maths course will equip you with the appropriate qualification that is required for you to expertise in the field of functional math. This level 2 maths course with online exam is regulated by Ofqual and accredited by Pearson Edexcel, making it a nationally recognised qualification that will complement your CV and make it dignified.
Upon successful completion of this functional skills level 2 maths course, you will be prepared and qualified to attend the official exam and gain a certificate that accredits you as having all the essential skills and credentials an educational institute or company requires in terms of admission or appointment.
- Course type: Self-Paced Online Learning
- Total Qualification Time: 66 hours
- Guided Learning: 55 hours
- Accreditation: Pearson Edexcel
- Qualification: Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Study Materials: High Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Assessment: At the end of each module, you will go through an assessment to test your understanding
- Access: 1 Year Access
- Certificate: Certificate upon completion of official exam (hard copy)
- Tutor Support– Live 1:1 tutor support via Zoom and unlimited tutor support by email
- Customer Support: 24/7 live chat available
How This Course will work for you?
- Initial Assessment: Determines from Pre-entry to Level 2
- Diagnostic Assessment: Identifies skill gaps and produces an individual learning plan
- Learning Resources: Develop underpinning knowledge and fill skill gaps identified
- Progress Check: Assesses progress at the end of the module
- Exam Practice: Apply underpinning knowledge to prepare for exams
You will get useful resources that are designed to improve your essential skills, knowledge and understanding of maths required to sit your functional skills exams.
Functional Skills qualifications provide reliable evidence of a learner’s achievements against demanding content that is relevant to the workplace. The qualifications assess learners’ underpinning subject knowledge and their ability to apply this knowledge to different contexts. They provide a foundation for progression to employment and further technical education, and they help learners to develop skills for everyday life. In some contexts, Functional Skills qualifications will also play a part in the government’s accountability systems.
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills in Mathematics at Level 2 are based on Department for Education (DfE) approved subject content, Nationally Recognised Qualifications and are regulated by Ofqual.
Our online learning portal is fully compatible with desktop, tablet and mobile devices and can be accessed from anywhere.
Functional Skills Level 2 Maths Qualification Purpose & Outcomes
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualifications in Mathematics at Level 2 is for learners who want to develop understanding and skills in mathematics.
The qualifications give learners the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate a sound grasp of the underpinning skills and basics of mathematical skills appropriate to the level.
- Apply mathematical thinking to solve simple problems in familiar situations.
Functional Skills Mathematics qualifications at these levels should:
- Indicate that students can demonstrate their ability in mathematical skills and their ability to apply these, through appropriate reasoning and decision making, to solve realistic problems of increasing complexity.
- Introduce students to new areas of life and work so that they are exposed to concepts and problems which, while not of immediate concern, may be of value in later life.
- Enable students to develop an appreciation of the role played by mathematics in the world of work and in life generally.
This Course is Accredited by Pearson Edexcel & Regulated by OFQUAL
This functional skills level 2 maths course has been accredited by Pearson Edexcel and regulated by Ofqual. It is based on the Department for Education (DfE) and is a nationally recognised qualification that will make you qualified for any skilled oriented job.
About Pearson Edexcel and Functional Skills Course
Pearson Edexcel is an academic and general qualification that is designed to advance and enhance learners’ skills while developing knowledge. Edexcel’s qualifications help learners either progress to higher education or progress directly into employment. They are grounded in the quality and traditions of the British education system and made them relevant and easily accessible for today’s UK and international learners.
Pearson Edexcel skills are qualifications in English, Maths and ICT that are available from Entry 1 to Level 2. Suitable for learners of all ages, they are also an accepted and recognised part of all Apprentice standards and frameworks and an alternative to GCSE in the UK.
Who is this Functional Skills Level 2 Maths Course For?
This comprehensive functional skills level 2 maths course is ideal for:
- People of all ages and backgrounds
- Anyone willing to upskill their practical skills and credentials on maths
- Anyone with a mediocre performance in GCSE
- Anyone applying for university
- Anyone looking to boost their career opportunities.
Whether you are relatively new into the field of functional math or an aspiring professional seeking to enhance and escalate your practical expertise and credentials that satisfies the requirements of any career prospect, this level 2 maths course with online exam will help you to be exceptional among others.
No prerequisite qualification or experience is required to enroll into this functional skills level 2 maths course. Students of all academic backgrounds or people of any age can access this functional skill to acquire practical knowledge on maths. However the students or professionals are required to undergo an Initial Assessment and Diagnostic Assessment that will help us to determine your progression level and identify the skill gaps and produce an individual learning plan.
Upon successful passing of the diagnostic assessment, you will be able to have access to all the learning materials of this functional skills level 2 maths course.
About Official Exam, Assessment & Certification
This functional skills level 2 maths course contains an extensive range of online assessments and exams at the end of each module to evaluate the knowledge and skills that you are learning. These interactive assessment sessions measure the amount of skills and knowledge that you are gaining after the completion of each module and evaluate whether you can demonstrate them practically.You can also keep a regular check on your score and keep track of your progress at the end of the module.
Upon successful completion of this functional skills level 2 maths course and all the practice assessments this course offers, you will be prepared to sit for the official exam that you have to book with an additional registration fee of £149.
Learners must meet the requirements outlined below before the qualification can be awarded.
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 2 consists of one externally assessed assessment that comprises two sections- a non-calculator section (calculator prohibited) and a calculator section (calculator permitted). Both sections are presented as separate question and answer examination sessions.
Section A (Non-calculator)
- Exam duration: 25 minutes
- Total Marks: 16
- Percentage of qualification: 25%
Section B ( Calculator)
- Exam duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Marks: 48
- Percentage of qualification: 75%
Pass Mark: Learners are required to achieve an overall 59% mark in order to pass the exam.
Upon successful completion of this functional skills level 2 maths course, you will be awarded with Ofqual regulated nationally recognised Functional Skills in Mathematics at Level 2 Qualification that is recognised and highly valued by all the employers in the UK and globally. Once you complete taking the official exam you will receive a hard copy of the certificate that will be posted to your designated address bearing the university recognised official logo of Person Edexcel that will verify that you have taken this course and have successfully completed all the assessments and objectives this course offers.
Progression Opportunities in this Level 2 Maths Qualification
This course will unlock the following career path upon successful completion:
- You can pursue further vocational study
- You can apply to your desired university
- You can access a wide range of career opportunities
Why You Should Buy this Course from Lead Academy?
We offer flexible and easily accessible customer support that ensures that you have a trouble-free and comfortable experience while progressing with the functional skills level 2 maths course. The following services are available to support you throughout the course:
- Customer Support: We have an active customer support system via email that is available 24/7 at your disposal.
- Tutor Support: If you require any additional help in regards to understanding the learning materials, we have an array of expert tutors to help you. You can access our tutor support with an additional fee of £25 per hour.
We Are Unbeaten by Price & Quality
- We are unbeaten by price when it comes to qualitiful service that satisfies the value you are paying
- You can access the change of mind option within 14 days of buying the course where we provide a money back guarantee offer in case our course does not meet your demands
- If the course is over £50, you can opt for the installment option that allows you to pay the course fee over a period of 3 installments
|Login Instruction For the Functional Skills Course||00:00:00|
|Understand how to read, write and compare the negative numbers of any value|
|Learn techniques and strategies that allows you to to carry out calculations with numbers upto one million and check answers including estimation and approximation|
|Learn to work with expression and substitution using formulas in both words and symbols|
|Learn how to calculate and evaluate percentages|
|Understand how to express one number as the percentage of another|
|Learn to work out percentage change in a set of numbers and know how to determine the original value after the change|
|Learn to add, subtract and compare amounts and quantities into proper and improper fractions including mixed numbers|
|Learn ways to demonstrate one number as the percentage of another|
|Understand how to order, approximate and compare decimals|
|Know how to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of decimals|
|Learn to calculate using direct proportion and inverse proportion as well as ratios|
|Know how to lead the order of precedence for both operators and indices|
|Learn to work out amounts of money, compound interest, percentage increase and decrease and discounts including tax|
|Know how to do simple budgeting|
|Understand how to use the conversion factor and conversion graph to convert metric and imperial units of length, weight and capacity|
|Learn to calculate speed, density and rates of pay using compound measures|
|Learn to work out Perimeters and Areas of 2D shapes|
|Understand how to find the Volume and Surface Area of of 3D shapes using formula|
|Learn to create scale drawings and work out the actual dimensions from these drawings|
|Understand how to specify position of points in a 2D shape using coordinates|
|Know how to create plans and elevations using 3D shapes|
|Learn to calculate values of angles and coordinates in both 2D and 3D shapes|
|Learn to calculate the mean, median and mode of set of quantities|
|Learn to estimate the mean of a grouped frequency distribution from any discrete data|
|Learn to use mean, median, mode and range to equate two sets of data|
|Know how to work out the probability of combined events including the use of diagrams and tables including two-way tables|
|Understand how to use fractions, decimals and percentage to demonstrate probabilities|
|Learn how to construct scatter diagrams and recognise the positive and negative correlation from them|