GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
Accredited by Edexcel | Nationally Recognised Qualification | Ofqual Regulated | Tutor Support | Step by Step Guideline | Interactive Training | 24/7 Access
Are you looking to improve your English communication skills and gain a certified and recognised qualification for work, study and life?
English as a language is spoken by around 20% of the world’s population making it one of the most common academic and professional communication tools for almost all colleges, universities and workplaces across the world. This comprehensive Functional Skills English Level 1 qualification is designed to equip you with underpinning skills and credentials in functional skills English that will increase your efficiency in communication and prepare you to excel in any role or field of your choice.
Get extraordinary 1 to 1 Live Tutor Support by Zoom for 2 hours. Our tutor will help to overcome learning obstacles. Improves your academic performance, one-on-one attention, Improves self-esteem and confidence.
Functional Skills English Level 1
Whether you are giving a presentation at your university or workplace, or simply working an assignment, this Functional Skills English Level 1 qualification will uplift and enhance your interactional competencies and fluency skills in English making you stand out from others students or employees. This well-structured Functional Skills English Level 1 qualification is accredited by Person Edxcel and regulated by Ofqual which is a nationally recognised qualification.
Upon successful completion of this Level 1 English Course with Exam you will gain a certified and accredited qualification that will act as a validation key proving you have adequate skills and credentials in Functional skills English that is required to surpass the selection criteria of any university or skilled oriented job.
- Course type: Self-Paced Online Learning
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 66 hours
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 55 hours
- Accreditation: Pearson Edexcel
- Qualification: Nationally Recognised Ofqual Regulated Qualification
- Study Materials: High Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Exam: Yes, exam fees are included.
- Access: 1 Year Access
- Certificate: Certificate upon completion (hard copy)
- Tutor Support– Live 1:1 tutor support via Zoom and unlimited tutor support by email
How This Qualification Will Work For You?
- Initial Assessment: Determines from Pre-entry to Level 2
- Diagnostic Assessment: Identifies skill gaps and produces an individual learning plan
- Learning Resources: Develop underpinning knowledge and fill skill gaps identified
- Progress Check: Assesses progress at the end of the module
- Exam Practice: Apply underpinning knowledge to prepare for exams
You will get useful resources that are designed to improve your essential skills, knowledge and understanding of English required to sit your functional skills exams.
Functional Skills qualifications provide reliable evidence of a learner’s achievements against demanding content that is relevant to the workplace. The qualifications assess learners’ underpinning subject knowledge and their ability to apply this knowledge to different contexts. They provide a foundation for progression to employment and further technical education, and they help learners to develop skills for everyday life. In some contexts, Functional Skills qualifications will also play a part in the government’s accountability systems.
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills in English at Level 1 are based on Department for Education (DfE) approved subject content, Nationally Recognised Qualifications and are regulated by Ofqual.
Our online learning portal is fully compatible with desktop, tablet and mobile devices and can be accessed from anywhere.
Functional Skills Level 1 English Qualification Purpose and Outcomes
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 1 and 2 are for learners to develop understanding and skills in English.
The qualifications give learners the opportunity to:
- Gain a qualification for work, study and life
- Demonstrate the ability at an appropriate level to read, write, speak, listen and communicate in English
- Apply these skills effectively to a range of purposes in the workplace and in other real life situations
The qualification gives learners the opportunity to:
- Listen, understand and make relevant contributions to discussions with others in a range of contexts
- Apply their understanding of language to adapt delivery and content to suit audience and purpose
- Read a range of different text types confidently and fluently, applying their knowledge and understanding of texts to their own writing
- Write texts of varying complexity, with accuracy, effectiveness, and correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Understand the situations when, and audiences for which, planning, drafting.
This Qualification Is Accredited By Pearson Edexcel & Regulated by OFQUAL
This Level 1 English Course with Exam is accredited by Pearson Edexcel and regulated by Ofqual which is a nationally recognised qualification that will add value to your CV.
About Pearson Edexcel and Functional Skills Course
Pearson Edexcel is an academic and general qualification that is designed to advance learners’ skills while developing knowledge. Edexcel’s qualifications help learners either progress to higher education or go directly into employment. They are grounded in the quality and traditions of the British education system made relevant for today’s UK and international learners.
Pearson Functional Skills are qualifications in English, Mathematics and ICT that are available from Entry 1 to Level 2. Suitable for learners of all ages, they’re also an accepted part of all Apprenticeship standards and frameworks and an alternative to GCSE in the UK.
Who is this Functional Skills in English at Level 1 for?
This comprehensive Level 1 English Course with Exam is suitable for:
- People of all ages (there is no age limit).
- Anyone willing to enhance their skills in English
- Anyone looking to meet the entry requirement of your desired university
- Anyone looking to secure an apprenticeship
- Anyone looking to improve their job outlook
Beginners or aspiring individuals seeking to up-skills their CV and their credentials in functional English can take this course to operate confidently, effectively and independently in terms of both academic study or career progression.
Students and professionals of all ages and academic backgrounds can enroll into this Level 1 English Course with Exam; no experience or previous qualifications is required. However the students or professionals are required to undergo an Initial Assessment and Diagnostic Assessment that will help us to determine your progression level and identify the skill gaps and produce an individual learning plan.
Successful completion of this assessment will activate the learning materials of the course and you can access them at your ease within a year of time.
About Official Exam, Assessments & Certification
This Level 1 English Course with Exam evaluates students in between lectures and towards the end of each module on the basis of various interactive online assessments to ascertain the level of knowledge and skills that they are grasping in each section and whether they know how to apply and showcase these learning and credentials practically. You can also check the progress at the end of the module and keep practicing whenever you want to apply the underpinning knowledge to prepare for exams.
At the end of the course, you will be assessed via an online remotely invigilated exam that you can easily take from the comfort of your own home. Once you are ready to sit for the official exam, you book your official exam.
Learners must meet the requirements outlined below before the qualification can be awarded.
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 1 consists of an internally marked assessment which consists of three sections namely Speaking, Listening and Communicating and an externally marked Reading assessment and one externally assessed Writing assessment. They are available as paper-based and onscreen, on demand assessments.
Speaking, listening and communicating:
Speaking, listening and communicating is assessed through one 5-minute presentation and linked question and answer session in groups of three to four and one 15-minute formal discussion together in groups of three to five learners.
- Duration = Formal 15 minutes and Up to 25 minutes in total
- Number of marks = n/a
Reading is assessed through a test consisting of multiple choice, short open response and medium open response questions.
- Duration = 75 minutes
- Number of marks = 35
Pass Mark: Learners are required to achieve an overall 65% mark in order to pass the English reading exam.
Writing is assessed through a test comprising two tasks. (42% of marks assess spelling, punctuation and grammar).
- Duration = 60 minutes
- Number of marks = 36
Pass Mark: Learners are required to achieve an overall 63% mark in order to pass the English writing exam.
Upon successful completion of this Level 1 English Course with Exam, you will be awarded with the Ofqual regulated nationally recognised Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills English Level 1 Qualification. A certified hard copy of this qualification will be posted at your designated address that is valued and accepted by employers and universities across the globe as a standard qualification in English that is required to function in day to day activities. You can exhibit this qualification in your CV which will give you a competitive advantage over others in terms of securing a job.
Progression Opportunities in Functional Skills English Level 1
Upon achieving the Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 1, you can:
- Progress to a similar qualification at Level 2
- Advance to further vocational studies
- Explore various apprenticeship opportunities
- Access a wide range of professions within your chosen field
Why You Should Buy this Course from Lead Academy?
You can access the following support upon enrollment into this comprehensive Level 1 English Course with Exam:
- Customer support: We persistently make sure that our customers are having a comfortable experience while on this course and that is why we have an active customer support 24/7 that you can access through email.
- Tutor support: We have an array of expert and experienced tutor support that you can easily access with an additional cost of £25 per hour if you face any problem while absorbing the learning materials of this course.
We Are Unbeaten by Price & Quality
- We are unbeaten by price when it comes to providing the best experience in respect to the value you are paying .
- If this course does not meet your specified demands or requirements, you can opt for ur money back guarantee option within 14 days of purchasing
- If your course costs above £50, you can access our installment option that permits you to pay your course fees with 3 installments.
|Login Instruction For the Functional Skills Course||00:00:00|
|Identify Relevant Information And Lines Of Argument In Explanations Or Presentations|
|Make Requests And Ask Relevant Questions To Obtain Specific Information In Different Contexts|
|Respond Effectively To Detailed Questions|
|Communicate Information, Ideas And Opinions Clearly And Accurately On A Range Of Topics|
|Express Opinions And Arguments And Support Them With Evidence|
|Follow And Understand Discussions And Make Contributions Relevant To The Situation And The Subject|
|Use Appropriate Phrases, Registers And Adapt Contributions To Take Account Of Audience, Purpose And Medium|
|Respect The Turn-Taking Rights Of Others During Discussions, Using Appropriate Language For Interjection|
|Identify And Understand The Main Points, Ideas And Details In Texts|
|Compare Information, Ideas And Opinions In Different Texts|
|Identify Meanings In Texts And Distinguish Between Fact And Opinion|
|Recognise That Language And Other Textual Features Can Be Varied To Suit Different Audiences And Purposes|
|Use Reference Materials And Appropriate Strategies (E.G. Using Knowledge Of Different Word Types) For A Range Of Purposes, Including To Find The Meaning Of Words|
|Understand Organisational And Structural Features And Use Them To Locate Relevant Information (E.G. Index, Menus, Subheadings, Paragraphs) In A Range Of Straightforward Texts|
|Infer From Images Meanings Not Explicit In The Accompanying Text|
|Recognise Vocabulary Typically Associated With Specific Types And Purposes Of Texts (E.G. Formal, Informal, Instructional, Descriptive, Explanatory And Persuasive)|
|Read And Understand A Range Of Specialist Words In Context|
|Use Knowledge Of Punctuation To Aid Understanding Of Straightforward Texts|
|Use A Range Of Punctuation Correctly (E.G. Full Stops, Question Marks, Exclamation Marks, Commas, Possessive Apostrophes)|
|Use Correct Grammar (E.G. Subject-Verb Agreement, Consistent Use Of Different Tenses, Definite And Indefinite Articles)|
|Spell Words Used Most Often In Work, Study And Daily Life, Including Specialist Words|
|Communicate Information, Ideas And Opinions Clearly, Coherently And Accurately|
|Write Text Of An Appropriate Level Of Detail And Of Appropriate Length (Including Where This Is Specified) To Meet The Needs Of Purpose And Audience|
|Use Format, Structure And Language Appropriate For Audience And Purpose|
|Write Consistently And Accurately In Complex Sentences, Using Paragraphs Where Appropriate|