GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
Care homes have a legal obligation to follow all government-issued fire safety standards and legislation. The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 applies to all workplaces, regardless of their size, and mandates employers to offer adequate fire awareness training for all employees. As a result, firms have a legal obligation to follow the government’s fire safety laws and legislation. This Fire Marshal Training Course for Care Homes is up-to-date, well-structured, and in line with the regulations laid down by the Uk government.
Maintaining adequate fire safety in care homes is a crucial concern, as it is a matter of life and death for the fragile individuals who reside there. It is particularly difficult to properly evacuate the vulnerable people during a fire emergency because the majority of them are elderly or fully bedridden. This Fire Marshal Training Course for Care Homes provides concise insight on ways to design effective evacuation plans for these immobile patients who are unable to move by themselves. This course is designed to aid employees working in care homes to recognise and mitigating the risk of fire in the workplace. Finally, this course underlies the responsibilities and duties of a fire marshal to deal with a fire on the premises of a residential care home/.
Following an inspection, the London Fire Brigade discovered that 29% of the care homes had fire door failures, 10% had insufficient training for employees and managers, and 14% showed evidence of poor emergency planning or a probable shortage of staff to implement emergency plans. As a result, care homes must have a trained fire marshall among them who can deal with any unfortunate fires that may occur on the premises and put emergency procedures in place to reduce the hazards associated with fire.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will gain confidence and the ability to act responsibly in the case of a fire emergency, potentially saving lives.
- In line with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Designed by expert health and safety professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service
- Approved by IIRSM
- Endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Approximate duration of about 3 hours 40 minutes
Who is this Fire Marshal Course for Care Homes for?
This Fire Marshal Training Course for Care Homes is aimed at:
- Owners of any care home
- Any employee working in any care home
- Any designated fire marshall in their workplace
- Anyone responsible for supervising fire safety
- Anyone interested to learn about fire safety protocols
This course will help you respond effectively in the event of a fire, whether you are the owner of a care home looking to ensure your organization is acting in accordance with the government’s fire safety legislation and regulations or simply want to gain comprehensive knowledge about basic fire safety precautions.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Fire Marshal Course for Care Homes
By the end of this Fire Marshal Training Course for Care Homes, you will:
- Recognise the elements of combustion and how a fire can spread
- Learn about the Fire Triangle, which illustrates how a fire might start
- Learn how smoke spreads and how it impacts people’s health in numerous ways.
- Discover the most common causes of fire
- Learn how to ensure workplace safety to avoid a fire
- Determine what safety elements and signs can be implemented in the workplace to alert employees to the presence of a fire
- Learn how to identify the proper fire extinguisher in the event of a real-life fire emergency
- Understand what to do if you come across fire or hear a fire alarm
- Demonstrate the various legislation that applies to fire hazards
- Know how to design successful fire risk assessments for use in the workplace
- Learn about the fire safety steps that can be taken to prevent a fire from arising
- Assess your responsibilities and duties as a Fire Marshal to assist in case of any emergency
- Learn how to conduct fire drills to ensure that fire evacuation strategies are feasible
- Learn how to use a fire extinguisher properly and efficiently
- Determine what activities must be performed before the start of the engagement to guarantee proper fire extinguisher use
This Fire Marshal Training Course for Care Homes is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and IIRSM and endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality. CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations, and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement.
IIRSM’s approval process evaluates a course’s learning experience and technical content, the competence of any subject matter experts participating in course development, and the course quality to verify that it satisfies their quality criteria. Furthermore, this course is also endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality as providing independently-evaluated, high-quality content that teaches best practices.
CPD and Institute of Hospitality endorsed certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Fire Marshal Training Course for Care Homes, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service
There are no academic entry requirements to enrol in this Fire Marshal Training Course for Care Homes; it is open to students and professionals of all academic backgrounds.
This Fire Marshal Training Course for Care Homes assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of each module, learners must answer MCQs to step into the next module. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 75%.
On completion of the Fire Marshal Training Course for Care Homes, you will be eligible to download CPD and IIRSM accredited and by the Institute of Hospitality endorsed free electronic certificate instantly. There is a minimum shipping charge applicable to get the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Shipment Inside the UK = £5.99
- International Shipment = £16.99
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this level course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to a time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Module 1: Chemistry of Fire|
|Module 2: Common Causes of Fire|
|Module 3: Basic Safety Features in Buildings|
|Module 4: Introduction to Fire Extinguishers|
|Module 5: What to do in Cases of Fire?|
|Module 6: Fire Statistics|
|Module 7: Current Fire Safety Legislation|
|Module 8: Fire Risk Assessment|
|Module 9: Preventative Measures|
|Module 10: Safety Features within Buildings|
|Module 11: Role of the Fire Marshal|
|Module 12: Action on Fire Discovery|
|Module 13: Fire Drills and Evacuation|
|Module 14: Fire Extinguishers|
|Module 15: Pre-Engagement Action|
|Module 16: Using a Fire Extinguisher|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion|
|Obtain Your Certificate of Completion||00:00:00|