Choose Your Exam Board
GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) strongly advises that all workplace first aiders update their first aid skills and knowledge at least once a year to ensure that they are up to date on all current workplace health and safety requirements. This enables individuals to recall information quickly and without hesitation, allowing them to respond effectively in an emergency or when someone becomes ill or wounded at work.
This Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Refresher Course is designed for people who have already completed an emergency first aid at work (EFAW) refresher course and need to renew their skills and knowledge in order to continue working as a workplace first aider. This course will enhance your knowledge of first aid which will enable you to provide first aid assistance in a variety of emergency first aid scenarios such as burns, sprains, bleeding, choking, shock, heart attack, etc. You will also learn how to conduct Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) including how to use Automated External Defibrillators (AED) in emergency situations. This course will help you grasp the current health and safety legislation as well as teach you how to conduct primary and secondary surveys and perform full-body examinations.
This course does not qualify you as a first aider. Rather, it is intended to refresh the knowledge of qualified first aiders in between their practical training.
Upon successful completion of this Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Refresher Course, you will be able to refresh your skills and knowledge regarding emergency first aid work and continue to perform your job confidently and safely.
This course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
- In line with the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981
- Designed by expert first-aid professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service and IPHM
- Endorsed by Quality Licence Scheme
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Approximate duration of about 1 Hour
Who is this Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Refresher Online Training Course for?
This Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Refresher Course is primarily aimed at:
- Trained First Workplace Aiders
- Aspiring First Aiders
- First Aiders looking to refresh their knowledge
- Anyone who is motivated to help others by providing first aid
- Any employee or employer in a workplace who is interested in first aid
This course is not limited to a specific field. It might also be valuable to a broader audience interested in learning about workplace first aid so that they can help themselves or others at the event of an emergency.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Refresher Online Training Course
By the end of this Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Refresher Course, you will:
- Define first aid and analyse the key annual statistics
- Understand how to conduct the primary and secondary survey stages
- Demonstrate compliance with the 1981 Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations
- Understand the importance of personal protective equipment
- Learn how to do cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (CPR)
- Understand how to place casualties in a recovery position
- Understand how to use external automatic defibrillators (AED)
- Know how to treat scalds, burns, electrical burns, and chemical burns.
The Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Refresher Course is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM). The IPHM is an Accreditation Board that offers an international and worldwide accreditation to Training Providers. An accreditation by the Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM) is a guarantee of quality and expertise.
CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement.
CPD and IPHM certified certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Refresher Course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
There are no academic entry requirements to enrol on this Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Refresher Course; it is open to students and professionals of all academic backgrounds.
This Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Refresher Course assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of the modules, learners must answer MCQs to complete the assessment procedure. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 60%.
Certificate of Completion
On completion of this Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Refresher Course, you will be eligible to obtain your free PDF certificate of course completion. However, it is recommended that you should have a CPD & IPHM accredited certificate or a Quality License Scheme endorsed certificate and transcript that is valued by employers in the UK and globally.
Certificate of Achievement
CPD UK and IPHM Accredited Certificate of Achievement
On successful completion of the Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Refresher Course, you will be eligible to order your CPD UK and IPHM accredited certificate of achievement (dual certificate) as proof of your new skill. CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement. The certificate can be obtained in PDF version at a cost of £12, and there is an additional fee to obtain a printed copy certificate which is £35.
Endorsed Certificate from Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully passing the MCQ exam you will be eligible to obtain the Emergency First Aid At Work Endorsed Certificate by Quality Licence Scheme. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. It will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees. There is a Quality Licence Scheme endorsement fee to obtain an endorsed certificate which is £65.
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to a time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Understanding Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)|
|Understanding Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)||00:28:00|
|First Aid Approach Primary Secondary Survey|
|First Aid Approach Primary Secondary Survey||00:14:00|
|The Recovery Position and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation|
|The Recovery Position and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation||00:20:00|
|Assessment Mock 1|
|Assessment Mock 1 – Emergency First Aid At Work Course||00:10:00|
|Treatment of Injuries|
|Treatment of Injuries||00:27:00|
|Final Assessment – Emergency First Aid At Work Course||00:10:00|
|Order Your Certificate Now|
|Order Your Certificate Now||00:00:00|
|Get Your Insurance Now|
|Get Your Insurance Now||00:00:00|