Choose Your Exam Board
GET ACCESS TO OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY FOR ONLY £99.00 PER YEAR. LEARN MORE
As individuals grow older, they begin to act more like children and get afflicted with various medical illnesses that degrade their mental condition. As a result, they require proper care as well as psychological assistance in order to improve their health. This comprehensive Adult Psychology Training Course provides an overview of the psychological changes that people experience as they grow older and aims to teach you how to take care of them during this stage of life. This course is designed for adult support workers or anyone who works in a care environment or in a nursing home that looks after the elderly.
The Adult Psychology Training Course will give you a basic understanding of methods and techniques used for the well-being of aged people and how to take care of old-aged people’s mental health needs. This course will teach you steps to work with adults who are alone or anyone who is coping with grief and loss. You will learn how old-aged people can benefit from eating healthy food and keeping a well-balanced life.
Upon successful completion of this Adult Psychology Training Course, you will have a solid understanding of adult support counselling to deal with adults or old age people if they are facing mental disorders such as depression, death anxiety or learning disabilities.
This course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
- Designed by expert professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service and IPHM
- Endorsed by Quality Licence Scheme
- Recognised and Valuable Certification
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Interactive Video Training
- Approximate duration of about 4 Hours
Who is this Adult Psychology Training Course for?
This Adult Psychology Training Course is primarily aimed at:
- Nursing home staff
- Hospice care staff
- Aspiring Psychologist
- Students of Psychology
- Anyone who works in care settings
This training is, however, not restricted to a particular profession or field of endeavour. It may also be useful to a broader audience interested in learning more about adult psychology in order to aid elderly people under their care.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Adult Psychology Training Course
By the end of this Adult Psychology Training Course, you will:
- Learn what is developmental psychology and gerontology
- Understand what constitutes old age
- Learn what is ageing and how it happens
- Understand common stereotypes of older people and how it affects them
- Understand different life stages and theories and what to look forward to in old age
- Recognise the effects of ageing on mental health and learning impairments.
- Understand what is the quality of life and various scenarios where old-age people need emotional and mental support
- Know how to cope with grief and learn about bereavement
- Know how to identify mild and severe depression
- Understand how fear of death affects the overall mental health of old people
- Learn how to improve the health and well-being of older people
This Adult Psychology Training Course is accredited by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM). The IPHM is an Accreditation Board that offers an international and worldwide accreditation to Training Providers. An accreditation by the Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM) is a guarantee of quality and expertise.
CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement.
CPD and IPHM certified certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world. Many organisations look for employees with CPD requirements, which means, that by doing the Adult Psychology Training Course, you would be a potential candidate in your respective field.
Accredited by The CPD Certification Service International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM)
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Adult Psychology Training Course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This Adult Psychology Training Course assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of the modules, learners must answer MCQs to complete the assessment procedure. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 60%.
Certificate of Completion
Upon completion of this Adult Psychology Training Course, you will be eligible to obtain your free PDF certificate of course completion. However, it is recommended that you should have a CPD & IPHM accredited certificate or a Quality License Scheme endorsed certificate and transcript that is valued by employers in the UK and globally.
Certificate of Achievement
CPD UK and IPHM Accredited Certificate of Achievement
Upon successful completion of this Adult Psychology Training Course, you will be eligible to order your CPD UK and IPHM accredited certificate of achievement (dual certificate) as proof of your new skill. CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement. The certificate can be obtained in PDF version at a cost of £12, and there is an additional fee to obtain a printed copy certificate which is £35.
Endorsed Certificate from Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully passing the MCQ exam you will be eligible to obtain the Adult Psychology Training Endorsed Certificate by Quality Licence Scheme. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. It will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees. There is a Quality Licence Scheme endorsement fee to obtain an endorsed certificate which is £65.
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
- Customer support: We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
- Tutor support: With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
- Quality worth the price: We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to a time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
- Instalment facility: If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.
|Supplementary Resources – Adult Psychology Training Course||01:00:00|
|About Your Course|
|About your tutor||00:01:00|
|About your course||00:02:00|
|Introduction to Psychology of Older Age|
|What is ‘Developmental Psychology’?||00:05:00|
|What is ‘Gerontology’?||00:09:00|
|What we consider as ‘old age’||00:08:00|
|What is ‘ageing’ and how it happens||00:08:00|
|Psychology of Older Age|
|Common stereotypes of older people||00:08:00|
|How stereotyping affects older people||00:08:00|
|Life stages and Theories||00:11:00|
|What do we look forward to in our older age?||00:06:00|
|Mental Health and Old Age|
|Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia||00:09:00|
|Chronic illness and Disabilities||00:08:00|
|The Quality of Life|
|What is ‘Quality of Life’?||00:05:00|
|Loneliness factors in the elderly population||00:07:00|
|Coping with grief and bereavement||00:07:00|
|‘Mild’ and ‘severe’ depression||00:07:00|
|Fear of dying (‘death anxiety’)||00:08:00|
|Improving Health and Wellbeing|
|The effects of exercising||00:08:00|
|Is it worth eating ‘healthy’ in older age?||00:09:00|
|What else affects ‘health’ and ‘wellbeing’?||00:07:00|
|Caring for older people||00:06:00|
|Thank You & Good Bye!||00:02:00|
|Assessment – Adult Psychology Training Course||00:10:00|
|Order Your Certificate Now|
|Order Your Certificate of Achievement||00:00:00|
|Get Your Insurance Now|
|Get Your Insurance Now||00:00:00|