Merry Christmas in Sign Language – Video and Image Included
Today, we’re going to learn how to say Merry Christmas in sign language. Even if it’s the holiday season or not, it’s never too late to learn to wish. Bring a smile to your loved ones’ faces with your sign language prowess! Your efforts will bring Christmas for them any day of the year.
So, let’s get started.
Merry Christmas in Sign Language
Watch the video embedded below.
Don’t be concerned if it’s too quick for you. We will discuss each stage in-depth down below.
Does it seem too complicated? If yes, that’s because there are two words here: ‘ merry’ and ‘Christmas’. When you learn these two words separately, it’ll become easy for you.
So first, the word ‘merry’. Although the sign for ‘merry’ is a bit different, we’ll substitute it with ‘happy’ for convenience.
Take a look at this video. The person here is signing the word ‘happy’.
Now follow these steps.
1. Start with a normal posture.
2. Raise both of your hands to your chest. Make a clapping motion with your flat hands.
3. Keep both hands at a 90-degree angle to one another. As a result, they will virtually contact at a cross angle.
4. Only connect your palm while doing this sign.
5. Repeat the motion twice.
Now, take a look at this video down below. The person here is signing the word ‘Christmas’.
Let’s break it down for you.
1. Keep a fist in one hand. Lay down the flat palm of your other hand on your fist. Look at the image above for reference.
2. Now, sweep your flat palm backwards. It’ll look like you’re trying to brush the dust off of your fist with your other hand.
3. Now curl your flat palm into a fist too.
4. Lay it down on your other fist like the image above.
Once you’re done learning both of these words, just sign ‘happy’ first and then ‘Christmas’ to wish “Happy Christmas” to someone. It doesn’t seem complicated anymore, right?
One more thing, since you’re wishing a happy holiday, it goes without saying that keeping a nice smile will add a lot of emotion to your greeting.
So, that’s how we say ‘Merry Christmas’ in sign language. Remember, sign language is visual. Thus, always keep yourself and your gestures visible to the people you’re signing to. Also, say the words as you’re signing them and practice regularly, so you don’t forget the signs.
What to Read Next:
- I Love You in Sign Language – Video and Image Include
- I Miss You in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
- Gay in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
- Friend in Sign Language – Video and Image Include
- Happy in Sign Language – Video and Image Included
- Why in Sign Language – Video & Image Included
- Shut Up in Sign Language – Video & Image Included