Functional Skills ICT Level 1, 2 Past Papers and Answers – Edexcel, NCFE, AQA, City & Guilds
Struggling to prepare a PowerPoint presentation? Want to create a spreadsheet but don’t know how to do so? Simply enrol in Functional Skills ICT courses to develop the practical computer skills necessary for your work and everyday life.
If you want to have an idea of the Functional Skills ICT question pattern, you can have a look at the Functional Skills ICT Level 1,2 past papers and answers provided in this blog.
You would get to know about the Functional Skills ICT past papers including the answers, topics covered in Functional Skills ICT, and the assessment procedures that would help you to understand everything about the Functional Skills ICT curriculum and exam.
Table of Content
- What is Functional Skills ICT?
- What are the Topics covered in Functional Skills ICT?
- Why should you take the ICT Functional Skill Course?
- What is Functional Skills ICT Level 1 and 2 Equivalent to?
- Functional Skills ICT Level 1 and 2 Question Pattern:
- Functional Skills ICT Assessment Structure:
- Functional Skills ICT Past Papers:
- Edexcel Functional Skills ICT Level 1 Past Papers:
- Edexcel Functional Skills ICT Entry Level 1, 2 and 3:
- AQA Functional Skills ICT Past Papers Level 1:
- AQA Functional Skills ICT Past Papers Level 2:
- City and Guilds Functional Skills ICT Past Papers Level 1:
- City and Guilds Functional Skills ICT Past Papers Level 2:
- OCR Functional Skills ICT Past Papers Level 1:
What is Functional Skills ICT?
Functional Skills ICT helps develop the practical skills needed for using technology in daily life, study and work and tests your problem-solving, research, and interpretation skills.
Further, along with acquiring all the essential ICT knowledge, you can gain the nationally recognised qualification through Functional Skills ICT courses. There are three levels of Functional Skills ICT: Entry Level (1-3), Level 1 and Level 2.
What are the Topics covered in Functional Skills ICT?
Functional Skills ICT courses would enable you to be an expert in the use of information and telecommunication technologies. From email to Excel, you can learn all the ICT skills to ace in your academic and professional field.
Functional Skills ICT includes topics like-
Fundamentals of using a computer- Managing files, folders, passwords, security and how to deal with common IT issues.
Word processing – The different features of word processing software to create text-based documents, engaging documents using images, tables and other formatting features.
Spreadsheets- How to use spreadsheets to record information, how to complete calculations to analyse data and ways to present data using charts and graphs.
Presentation- Using software to create a slideshow with text and images, transitions and animations.
Database – Using database software to record larger amounts of data and complete detailed searches for specific information.
Using the internet – Sending and receiving emails, sending attachments and organising your contacts in an address book along with how to use the internet effectively and safely.
Functional Skills Maths Level 2
Why should you take the ICT Functional Skill Course?
Competence in Functional Skills ICT allows you to-
- identify the ICT requirements
- use ICT systems to carry out tasks
- manage information storage
- use search techniques to locate relevant information
- demonstrate how to minimise the risks of computer viruses
- enter, develop and refine information using appropriate software
- use data handling software and communications software
- combine and present information that are fit for purpose and the audience
- evaluate the use and the selection of the ICT tools and facilities used
What is Functional Skills ICT Level 1 and 2 Equivalent to?
The Functional Skills ICT Level 1 is equivalent to a D or E grade at GCSE, meaning you can demonstrate your ability to understand and use everyday ICT at this level. When you progress to Level 2, you will reach the equivalent to a grade A* to C at GCSE meaning you have mastered everyday ICT. This course will guide you through all of the skills you need to prepare for the exams at both the levels.
Functional Skills ICT Level 1 and 2 Question Pattern:
The Functional Skills ICT exam is 2 hours long and usually consists of two sections. Here, section A is for 30 minutes and Section B is for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Section A: This allows you to use the internet to find and select information.
Section B: This requires you to work with numbers, create a digital product, use communication tools and organise work. When completing this section, you will not be allowed to use the internet.
Functional Skills ICT Assessment Structure:
The following represents the assessment structure of Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills ICT.
Assessment Structure Entry Level 1:
Assessment Structure (Levels 1 and 2):
Functional Skills ICT Past Papers:
This section includes the ICT Functional Skills past papers of the renowned exam bodies. Having a look at these would give you an overview of the Functional Skills ICT question pattern, answers and mark scheme.
Edexcel Functional Skills ICT Level 1 Past Papers:
The following images are a demonstration of the Functional Skills ICT Level 1 papers of Pearson Edexcel. Following this, you can gain an idea of how the questions and marks are allocated. The PDF link is also provided for your convenience.
You can find the PDF version of the Edexcel Functional Skills ICT past papers Level 1 and 2 from here.
Edexcel Functional Skills ICT Entry Level 1, 2 and 3:
You might also be interested in Functional Skills ICT Entry level papers. The following provides the Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Entry level 1,2 and 3 question papers along with the answers. Have a look.
AQA Functional Skills ICT Past Papers Level 1:
AQA is another recognised awarding body that holds examinations in various subjects and offers vocational qualification. The PDF version of Functional Skills ICT Past Papers Level 1 and 2 has been provided which you can download from here.
AQA Functional Skills ICT Past Papers Level 2:
City and Guilds Functional Skills ICT Past Papers Level 1:
City and Guilds Functional Skills ICT Past Papers Level 2:
OCR Functional Skills ICT Past Papers Level 1:
Hopefully, this blog could provide you with all the relevant information regarding Functional Skills ICT. The past papers would definitely be helpful for you to practice and prepare for the Functional Skills ICT test.
If you’re thinking of kickstarting your career in the field of ICT, you should opt for Functional Skills ICT Level 1 Qualification. This qualification would expand your job opportunity and develop your expertise in ICT.
What to Read Next:
- Functional Skills Pass Rates – Comprehensive Analysis Update
- How to Become a Functional Skills Teacher – Step by Step Guide
- What is Functional Skills Qualification? All You Need to Know About This
- What is NVQ Level 3 Equivalent to – Qualification and Equivalent Degree
- Can You Go to University with Functional Skills?
- What is Pearson Functional Skills?
- How to Pass Functional Skills Exam | Math, English & ICT